Callaway Golf Company is a leader in total performance, premium golf equipment and active lifestyle products while also being a great place to work! We are passionate and push the limits of innovation. We dare to be great while acting with integrity and respect. We stay hungry, yet humble. All while having fun and making golf enjoyable for everyone!
Our company is a blend of experience and diverse backgrounds, and our leaders have a strong history of building and selling successful initiatives. We are working to build a truly groundbreaking company, and we want top-notch people to join us in that mission.
Under moderate direction, the Principal Business Intelligence Developer will be required to develop and lead projects for Callaway’s SAP Business Intelligence (BI) environment. This includes providing technical expertise in identifying, evaluating, designing and developing reporting solutions. Additionally, this position will perform system support activities including maintenance or creation of: application code, processing routines or procedures and report generators. This position will be representing Callaway Golf’s IT department to all levels of the company, including Senior Staff and International offices. Accordingly, professionalism, a sense of ownership and responsibility as well as extraordinary communication is not only required, but imperative to the success of this position.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead the design, configuration, implementation and support of SAP’s Business Intelligence solutions.
- Lead the design, implementation and support complex extraction, transformation and loading of SAP BI data.
- Activate standard business content, extend extractors, and establish/monitor process chains.
- Manage all phases of the project life cycle including analysis, design, development, testing, deployment and post-production support/maintenance.
- Assist in the development and enforcement of standards to provided best practices to deliver stable, reliable and highly available solutions.
- Produce and peer review technical designs and architectures for development projects.
- Demonstrate effective and collaborative communication with internal team members and Business Partners.
- Coordinate project tasks and ensure accurate estimates are provided for completion of business solutions.
- Research and debug potential performance or other system anomalies. (i.e. demonstrate superior problem resolution)
- Create and compile technical documentation including: unit, integration, and acceptance test plans, support documentation, end user documentation for delivered solutions and other tasks
- Develop and enforce day-to-day support policies and procedures.
- Communicate status of projects and initiatives to management.
- Mentor/develop/motivate technical and analytical staff.
- Manage multiple projects/reporting solutions for multiple business areas.
- Lead all phases of the project life cycle for projects including analysis, design, development, testing, deployment and post-production support/maintenance.
TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities)
- Demonstrates strong analytical skills.
- Able to work directly with business analysts to translate functional design into technical specifications.
- Able to grasp requirements quickly and anticipate potential future requirements.
- Strong business process knowledge across many areas with ability to provide context to requirements.
- Excellent communication skills, oral and written including ability to conduct formal and informal presentations and workshops with the ability to communicate across all levels of the business.
- Advanced knowledge of Administrator Workbench, configuration of info providers, time-dependent and in-dependent master data/hierarchies. Able to mentor others and provide technical support.
- Advanced working knowledge of SAP BI data modeling, data staging, data extraction, and logical/physical database design.
- Able to recognize design dependencies between projects and provide resolutions or plans to accommodate.
- Expert problem solving skills related to SAP BI Business Explorer, SAP HANA, Business Objects Webintelligence and Analysis for Office.
- Advanced working knowledge of the reporting and planning functionality of SAP Analytics Cloud
- Intermediate level working knowledge of Microsoft PowerBI & the integration to SAP BW/HANA
- Advanced working knowledge with the utilization of BW/4 HANA data acquisition. (ODP, SDI (streaming), SDA)
- Advanced working knowledge of data cleansing, aggregating, transforming and validating the data to ensure accuracy and consistency.
- Demonstrate superior conceptual reasoning and discretionary judgment.
- In-depth knowledge of an SDLC process and ability to develop sound project plans.
- Advanced working knowledge with integrating SAP BW4/Hana with non-SAP operational systems. Python experience a plus.
- Moderate working knowledge of ABAP/4.
- In-depth knowledge with researching OSS, service packs, BW versions & plug-in information.
- Thorough working knowledge of upgrade processes and all aspects of system testing.
- Broad knowledge and understanding of the various SAP modules and their relationship.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related subject, or equivalent additional work experience required.
- Minimum 10 years SAP Business Warehouse implementation experience, preferably in a corporate manufacturing environment.
- Courses or certifications in SAP BI solutions preferred.