Product Developer (Women's)
Huntington Beach, California, United States
Who We Are Today
TravisMathew is now a leading innovator in lifestyle and performance apparel. Using best-in-class fabrications and designs, we are pushing forward a growing market trend towards casualization. For us, comfort comes first. Every TravisMathew product is created with attention to detail, designed to deliver the perfect fit and soft, lightweight feel. By offering hundreds of varied, unique deigns across monthly new product releases, we are establishing a new standard for the young professional. We want to elevate your look with details, subtleties, and craftmanship that will get you noticed … but without flash or pretension. As an aspirational brand, TravisMathew prides itself on being approachable. Anyone and everyone can look great – and feel great – in TravisMathew. We’re throwing a party and you’re invited.
Where We Are Going
At TravisMathew we don’t just dream big, we plan big. Our goal is to become the top premium menswear brand in the United States with a global presence, while keeping our employees and customers at the forefront of all we do. We believe that a winning office culture will include opportunities for new leaders, a fun work environment, and cultivating an ideal work / life balance for our employees. We are committed to celebrating and achieving diversity in all facets of our business. Additionally, TravisMathew is focused on the development of sustainable practices, challenging ourselves to discover innovations in design, production and technology.
The Product Developer is responsible for developing materials and trims, building and maintaining accurate BOM’s, maintaining costs in accordance with financial objectives, communicating adjustments and corrections to overseas offices/suppliers, overseeing sampling (complete to commercialized product), resolving any issues that may arise, and providing insight and feedback to the Design team.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversee product development of applicable product categories, from proto stage to final production
- Manage style pre-costing and analyze all subsequent prototype costing to ensure yield, material costs, and FOB's are accurate and meet margin objectives
- Manage proto, sample, counter-sample and production approvals to ensure quality standards are met and deliveries per timeline
- Monitor product details and specs throughout the product manufacturing process to ensure quality standards are maintained
- Manage development process according to established company calendar
- Communicate with factories to execute approved style, fit and construction
- Source materials and trims ensuring quality, factuality and price points are met.
TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities)
- Proficient in Microsoft Applications
- Proficient in PLM system(s)
- Proficient in Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop
- Knowledge of garment fit and pattern alterations
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to interpret design intent and offer alternative solutions
- Ability to prioritize workflow based on deadlines
- Ability to problem solve and communicate all issues to cross functional departments
- Ability to travel internationally
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree or technical trade school and/or equivalent
- Minimum 3 year’ experience in accessories and men’s apparel product development
TravisMathew is an Equal Employment Opportunity