Job was saved successfully.
Job was removed from Saved Jobs.
The R&A runs professional championships including The Open, The Senior Open and the AIG Women’s Open, elite amateur events, international matches and rankings. The R&A, through R&A Rules Ltd, governs the sport worldwide, outside of the United States and Mexico, on behalf of over 36 million golfers in 143 countries and with the consent of 157 organisations from amateur and professional golf. The R&A is at the forefront in modernising the sport and making it more relevant to today’s society.
The Digital Technology team are working on a large-scale project for The R&A. This role is crucial in the coordination of the delivery and day to day project management along with liaising with internal departments and external agencies.
The successful candidate should have previous experience working on website delivery / project management role and be organised, efficient and enthusiastic.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Coordination and delivery of The R&A Digital Technology projects including;
• Ensuring the adherence to an Agile development methodology
• Gathering and documenting requirements
• Ensuring projects are accurately estimated and appropriately resourced
• Completing all relevant documentation throughout the project delivery
• Conduct prioritisation with the stakeholders in line with the project strategy
• Coordination of content population with content team
• Communication with stakeholders and departments
Collaborate with external agencies in delivering The R&A Digital Technology projects. This includes:
• Working with the development agency to ensure all detail is added to the tasks
• Managing the project backlog (on Jira) and the priorities in this
• Ensuring projects are delivered on time and on budget
• Liaising with agencies and internal stakeholders on design and functionality reviews, testing, sign off and deployment planning
• Work with the Head of Digital Technology to develop and maintain a short, medium and long term technology road map for The R&A website based on the business requirements and project strategy
• Identify potential cost savings and efficiencies within existing technical solutions and deliver recommendations/improvements to ensure budgets are maximised over time
• Able to be up to date on latest technology and trends
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• Experience in delivering website / app projects
• Experience in the Agile/Scrum methodology or similar
• Knowledge of Project Management Platforms (Ideally Jira/Confluence)
• Content Management System experience (Ideally Kentico)
• A degree level qualification, or equivalent relevant experience
• Knowledge and experience in Requirements Gathering / Business Analysis
• Experience in integrating third party software / tools to websites and/or apps
• Knowledge in SEO and Analytics (Google Analytics) would be beneficial
In addition, the successful candidate will require:
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Strong written, verbal, communication and presentation skills.
• To be self-motivated and proactive and ready to work as part of a small team.
• Excellent communication skills and ability to work with a variety of stakeholders to build relationships.
• A strong knowledge of golf and an interest in its ongoing development is desirable but not essential.
Please note that we are unable to provide sponsorship for a work visa so candidates should ensure they already have or are able to obtain the right to work in the UK before applying.
Full Time - Permanent
35 hours per week / Mon – Fri (9am – 5pm)
Closing date: midday on Friday 22nd January.
Fife, Scotland, United Kingdom
The R&A employ staff in a diverse range of departments including golf development, course management, equipment testing, hospitality, Championship operations, Rules, finance, IT, marketing and communications, and golf heritage.
Our jobs vacancies page displays employment opportunities in both permanent and temporary roles. We are always on the lookout for talented individuals and encourage...