Jack Wolfskin, a global eco-performance apparel, footwear and equipment brand, was founded in 1981 on the tenants of product sustainability, performance and quality. The company is now one of the major suppliers of outdoor products across the world with a versatile portfolio of smartly- and sustainably-engineered technologies, including its popular Texapore group of materials. Jack Wolfskin is headquartered in Idstein, Germany, and is expanding to North America with an office opening in Park City, Utah.
This role within the Marketing Department contributes to the growth and evolution of content across Jack Wolfskin North America’s owned digital properties through best-in-class content and storytelling around its products and services. Supporting that effort, this role within the Brand Publishing group will assist in driving digital, social and community marketing activities for Jack Wolfskin. The company’s brand publishing system creates, distributes and promotes content across owned and operated platforms, through content collaborations and through new media partnerships. In addition to digital content this role will coordinate with Jack Wolfskin North America’s PR Firm by being the point of contact and providing product and seeding support.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist with strategy execution, contributing creatively - and in a way that is authentic to golf - to B2C marketing communications across the Company’s owned and operated platforms.
- Assist with nurturing Jack Wolfskin’s Ambassador & UCG program. This includes identifying & communicating with ambassadors, seeding product.
- Coordinating sample product and seeding product will be integral to this role
- Assist in executing a platform-specific content strategy across all digital channels through entertaining, topical and honest storytelling.
- Bring a journalistic and editorial approach to content marketing. At times responsible to help produce and edit compelling and stylized copy and content for Jack Wolfskin North America’s channels, including our online community, websites, OTT, etc. Critical to success is the ability to translate technical information into benefit-oriented and entertaining stories/creative that generates excitement for Jack Wolfskin’s products.
- Support the Jack Wolfskin YouTube channel by producing enticing headlines, descriptions, annotations, metadata and thumbnails.
- Work to develop and maintain relationships within the outdoor industry, including media, brand and retail partners, influencers, brand advocates, Tour Pros, etc. generate valuable advocacy for Jack Wolfskin products and services.
- With limited oversight, the candidate is able to oversee basic projects through the creative process, leveraging insights, gathering feedback and pushing innovative ideas. This, at times, includes work with third party agencies.
- Additional responsibilities include evaluating new content opportunities, measurement and reporting, platform-specific marketing, event management, audience acquisition, among others.
- Build and launch advertising campaigns within Google Ads, Bing Ads, and Facebook Ads
- Research, build and maintain segmentation campaigns
- Implement testing (Ad Copy, Landing Page, Bid, Geo)
- Write ad copy, analyze query traffic, research keywords, and complete routine account maintenance
- Perform A/B testing on product website sequence and recommend changes / improvements
- Partner with the Web Development Team to produce landing pages and front-end changes to maximize ad spend
- Partner with the Graphic Design Team to produce advertising assets and content
- Partner with Advertising Agency(s) to introduce new techniques
- Analyze weekly reports for gaps, trends and recommendations for improvement
TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities)
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic team player who thrives in fast-paced, highly productive and particularly collaborative environment
- Passion for the outdoor industry is a must
- Ability to use outdoor knowledge for B2C communications that conveys the features and benefits of Jack Wolfskin products and services
- Firm grasp of fundamental digital marketing and social media principles and practices
- Copywriting experience preferred
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite (especially Photoshop) and additional video editing software a plus
- Ability to manage multiple assigned projects at any given time
- Quick and eager learner
- Ability to meet tight deadlines in a dynamic and constantly-changing environment
- Thrives when working independently with limited oversight, yet brings a team-first approach
- Professional, dynamic and friendly demeanor
- Ability to think creativity and analytically, communicate clearly and effectively in any medium, and interact with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality through all levels of the organization
- Build and cultivate relationships within the business and constantly engage with fans and consumers.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel, including models, statistics, pivots and power query
- Highly proficient in eCommerce tools
- Ability to conceptualize, develop and implement new processes and improve existing processes
- Ability to analyze and present data, and develop insight and future direction from hindsight analysis
- Strong understanding of eCommerce business and market trend / insights to drive buying
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy, with highly developed analytical and numeric reasoning skills
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Economics, Marketing, or equivalent experience
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in eCommerce Marketing, Advertising or Analytics
Callaway Golf is an Equal Opportunity Employer