Acushnet Company is the global leader in the design, development, manufacture and distribution of performance-driven golf products. Today, we are the steward of two of the most revered brands in golf – Titleist, one of golf’s leading performance equipment brands, and FootJoy, one of golf’s leading performance wear brands.
We believe we are the most authentic and enduring company in the golf industry. Our mission - to be the performance and quality leader in every golf product category in which we compete.
The Director, Project Management Office (PMO) is responsible for Acushnet’s overall project management function, providing leadership, integration and management of PMO processes and functions to improve the consistency and efficiency of the Company’s project delivery. This role will require the ability to influence project managers without direct authority. The Director, PMO will own Project Management methodologies, standards, policies, templates, best practices development and implementation for all Technology programs & projects across the enterprise. Additionally, the Director, PMO will define business strategies and organizational policies to enable the strategic coordination of multiple major projects and initiatives to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of projects.
- Define the PMO strategy and lead the design and implementation of a common project management methodology, standards and tools to drive and facilitate the successful delivery of projects.
- Lead the execution of a PMO governance, reporting and review framework to provide a holistic view of all organizational project activity. Develop and monitor key performance indicators (KPIs) for major project initiatives. Track and publish ongoing metrics indicating project health and progress.
- Ensure consistent implementation of best practices for all technology programs & projects across the enterprise.
- Lead key quarterly reviews of the progress of the IT project portfolio among the Executive Leadership team and project owners.
- Develop, establish and maintain all project/program communications to ensure visibility and awareness on Technology programs and projects across all business and IT stakeholders.
- Assist with the development and management of project budgets. Collaborates with the senior IT leaders to align project budgets with departmental budgets; create project appropriation requests (PARs), approve projects and manage project spending against forecasts. Provide financial reporting services to project teams (budget vs. actual, total cost, vendor spend, etc.).
- Foster collaborative and mutually supportive relationships with project leaders and senior stakeholders, assess cross-functional project team capability, provide coaching, training and support to enhance Acushnet’s project/program management capability, and improve collaborative development and project results.
- Collaborate with peers and other business/IT stakeholders to ensure a closed loop Program and Portfolio Management process by providing feedback from execution of projects into portfolio planning and prioritization activities.
- BS or BA in Computer Science, Business Administration or related field Certification(s) in one or more project management methodologies (for example, PMI PMBOK, PRINCE2 and agile).
- 10+ years direct project management experience, primarily leading digital initiatives
- 5+ years recent experience leading a Project Management Office
- Program management skills and experience, plus significant knowledge of project planning tools with evidence of practical application.
- Proven experience in leading complex project management efforts with proven results.
- Experience working with global organizations and managing mission critical, large complex projects across multiple time zones/regions.
- Expert knowledge of the principles, theories, practices and techniques for managing the activities related to planning, managing and implementing systems and application development projects and programs (e.g. Waterfall, Agile, etc.).
- Proven ability to build and lead integrated teams from various internal and external organizations across multiple sites
- Must possess excellent organization skills with the ability to prioritize and complete multiple projects in a fast-paced environment with changing needs.
- Must possess superior presentation skills, with the ability to concisely and efficiently deliver project status â€¢Must possess superior analytical, evaluative and problem-solving capabilities.
- Must possess expert proficiency in Microsoft Project (or equivalent toolset ) with the ability to create complex projects with interdependencies, Gantt charts, and work breakdown structures.
- Promotes the adoption of new delivery practices such as Agile, DevOps
- Ability to promote innovative ideas and accept the risks that are required to lead change
- Strong leadership and negotiation skills with business and technical groups and demonstrated ability to build consensus among many stakeholders