Acushnet Company is the global leader in the design, development, manufacture and distribution of performance-driven golf products. Today, we are the steward of two of the most revered brands in golf – Titleist, one of golf’s leading performance equipment brands, and FootJoy, one of golf’s leading performance wear brands.
We believe we are the most authentic and enduring company in the golf industry. Our mission - to be the performance and quality leader in every golf product category in which we compete.
The new Network Architect will be a key technical lead to deploy and maintain Acushnet's global voice and data network. A network architect will be responsible for and possess a broad knowledge of a wide range of voice and data networking systems. They will provide outstanding customer service, technical guidance, and be a trusted advisor for internal business customers.
An architect at this level will be responsible for systems that are far-reaching and span across the enterprise, providing leadership and project management for technology refreshes and roadmaps. A network architect must act autonomously and must be innovative, setting direction and providing global governance.
This new hire will provide in-depth technical knowledge and support for all networked systems. He/She will ensure that all network systems are well managed, supported, monitored, upgraded and maintained to provide optimal performance, reliability and availability.
She/he will be able to self-initiate assignments and projects and take these projects through to completion with minimal guidance.
- Function as the network domain expert to evaluate technical problems, identify technical and business risks, develop alternatives and leverage network technologies to develop effective global solutions.
- Continuously analyzes the global network and identifies and implements changes based on the ever-changing business and application landscape.
- Work closely with other IT, Security, and business teams to provide and consult on network strategy, configuration, and technical design recommendations that address complex business and technical problems.
- Provide creative solutions to business and technical problems.
- Document and analyze business requirements.
- Review technical specifications to ensure alignment with business objectives.
- Lead the efforts of IT resources through identification of business requirements, development of technical specifications, review of configuration and testing in support of global initiatives.
- Optimize operational processes and comply with technical standards.
- Implement industry best practices for network configuration and change management.
- Analyze network change requests to identify innovative approaches that lead to efficiencies in managing the global voice and data network.
- Mentor IT staff on networking technologies and project management, provide knowledge transfer, review cross-functional requirements, and assist with testing of complex network functions.
- Provide direction and support for optimizing network performance, stability, and manageability. Troubleshoot complex network problems and provide 24x7 support for critical network issues. Solves problems with a high degree of creativity and ingenuity.
- Monitor for new technical developments in the networking market space and evaluate their suitability for Acushnet's requirements and compatibility with the global network architecture.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems is required.
- 15 years of IT experience, 10 years of network experience, with 7 years of architectural responsibility for networks.
- Experience with networking disciplines as they relate to cloud hosting platforms such as AWS or Azure.
- Expert level knowledge of Cisco networking technologies, and the ability to apply this knowledge to complex technical problems.
- A proven track record with network architecture design and global implementations.
- Superior analytical skills and ability to map business process to network capabilities.
- Experience in leading globally distributed teams and working in a multi-cultural environment.
- Ability to effectively communicate complex technical requirements to individuals with varying levels of technical expertise at different levels of the organization.
- Ability to autonomously lead and complete complex tasks within critical timelines and work well in a challenging and fast-paced work environment.