Acushnet Company is the global leader in the design, development, manufacture and distribution of performance-driven golf products. Today, we are the steward of two of the most revered brands in golf – Titleist, one of golf’s leading performance equipment brands, and FootJoy, one of golf’s leading performance wear brands.
We believe we are the most authentic and enduring company in the golf industry. Our mission - to be the performance and quality leader in every golf product category in which we compete.
The Director of IT Strategy, Governance, & PPM will create and execute the framework for successful execution of IT Strategy and Program Management for Acushnet Company. This role will be working closely with fellow IT and business leaders to align projects to the company’s strategic objectives and to manage the organization's project portfolio(s) with the goal of producing maximum value for the organization. The Director of IT Strategy, Governance, & PPM's responsibilities include tracking and reporting the conformance of project outcomes to the expectations outlined in project proposals, defined in business cases, and clarified in the project prioritization and portfolio optimization process. The resource regularly reviews best practices relative to PPM theory, processes, methods, tools, guidelines, and standards to identify and take advantage of opportunities to improve the organization's PPM capabilities. The resource builds understanding and consensus around the organization's mission and vision, fosters a project-management-oriented mindset focused on creating value, and provides ongoing coaching and mentoring to project managers.
- Owns the Technology Portfolio Management process including end to end Demand Management for Technology services across the enterprise; collaborates with PMO Director to align Portfolio and Project gate structures.
- Developing and executing a framework for the IT Strategy including Long-Range IT Strategy & Roadmap, Annual IT Objectives, IT Operating Model, Capability & Functional models, and IT Organization Structure.
- Aligning technology strategy with business strategy and objectives. Lead and contribute to the development of the long-range technology solutions roadmap, and ensures products and services are aligned with business needs. Collaborate with businesses to proactively provide technical inputs towards business strategies and product roadmaps.
- Collaborate with IT, finance and legal leadership to develop the project business case framework and budgets; Assist in creation of project appropriation requests (PARs) and cost justifications for technology strategies.
- Conduct reviews quarterly, or at other specified intervals with senior business and IT executives, stakeholder committees, the steering committee and other relevant bodies to validate and assess the project portfolio, execute change and reprioritize as necessary to meet business needs.
- Partner with the CIO, HR, and other leadership stakeholders for periodic technology competency assessments and make recommendations to address technology skill and talent gaps relative to market and industry trends.
- Support the CIO with IT Financial Planning, budgeting and forecasting. Identify and oversee IT Cost Optimization initiatives.
- Collaborate with Procurement and other leadership stakeholders in both the Business and IT to shape IT Sourcing and Vendor Management functions & capabilities.
- Conduct market and competitive research to identify broader business trends and assumptions that may affect the IT strategy.
- BS or BA in Computer Science, Business Administration or related field
- 15+ years of experience in a technology leadership role.
- Significant operational leadership experience across at least 2-3 different IT domains (Applications, Infrastructure, Security, Data, Integration etc.) and managed end to end lifecycle from planning to 24x7 operations.
- Deep experience in Portfolio Management & Governance.
- Experience with Portfolio & Program Management (PPM) tools and supporting capabilities.
- Significant experience in developing and leading the critical thinking and creation of IT strategy framework, with proven ability to drive governance and create innovation in IT portfolio (both within application development and infrastructure) for the success of the business.
- Strong business acumen.
- Effective communicator able to build relationships at all organizational levels.
- Expert in business strategy formulation, IT strategy formulation, business scenario development, and innovation.
- Competent in business case development, business domain analysis, IT governance formulation, new technology evaluation, and IT risk management.
- Working knowledge of risk/return analysis and IT standards and policy formulation.
- Knowledge of forecasting, modeling, and scenario development tools and techniques.