This job is archived
Acushnet Company is the global leader in the design, development, manufacture and distribution of performance-driven golf products. Today, we are the steward of two of the most revered brands in golf – Titleist, one of golf’s leading performance equipment brands, and FootJoy, one of golf’s leading performance wear brands.
We believe we are the most authentic and enduring company in the golf industry. Our mission - to be the performance and quality leader in every golf product category in which we compete.
The Associate Central Quality Assurance Specialist will, with direction and supervision, perform testing, production trials, visual inspection, visual standards training and quality audits as needed to verify that product quality is met; and support manufacturing operations continuous improvement, training/certification and visual workplace programs as needed.
- With direction and supervision, coordinate and perform routine and assigned testing; record and maintain accurate records of data and results, review and analyze data using computer generated charts, tables and summaries, and generate reports summarizing results.
- With direction and supervision, perform routine and assigned finished ball visual inspection; record and maintain accurate records of data and results, review and analyze data using computer generated charts, tables and summaries, and generate reports summarizing results.
- With direction and supervision, coordinate and perform assigned production trials and testing; record and maintain accurate records of data and results, review and analyze data using computer generated charts, tables and summaries, and generate reports summarizing results.
- Schedule and deliver required and requested visual standards training to associates, maintain associate training/certification records, and assist in training documentation development/revisions.
- Under direction of Lead Auditor, participate in annual quality audits as member of the quality audit team; and with direction, be involved in assigned Continuous Improvement projects and teams as needed.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent. Additional secondary education a plus.
- 1 - 2 yrs experience in golf ball manufacturing preferred. Experience in quality testing a plus. Experience actively training associates a plus.
Physical Requirements/Environmental Factors:
- Must not be affected by chemicals/materials in a manufacturing or golf course environment.
- Must have good or corrected vision.
- Must possess accurate color vision.
- Must be able to pass company health services screening.
- Job may require extended periods of sitting or standing.
- Must be able to occasionally lift up to 40 lbs.
- Must have a valid driver's license.
- Must be able to travel interplant daily and other company business as necessary.
Specialized Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong math and analytical skills required.
- Proficiency in Excel, Word and Lotus Notes preferred, and PowerPoint a plus.
- Proficiency in Gainseeker QAS (SPC or DMS Data Entry) preferred.
- Proficiency in QAS Charts & Reports a plus.
- Should work well with others and have good communication and interpersonal skills. Should be able to communicate effectively in both verbal and written formats.
- Should be detail oriented and thorough.
- Proven self-motivator, reliable and able to work independently and in teams.
Acushnet Company is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with a disability. EEO Employer/Vet/Disabled.
Acushnet Company offers competitive salaries commensurate with experience and a comprehensive benefit package consisting of medical & dental; 401 savings plan; tuition assistance; life & disability insurance; vacations/holidays; on site wellness facility; and generous product discounts. Visit the Acushnet Company employment website for more information (http://employment.acushnetgolf.com).