This job is archived
TaylorMade Golf is looking for a Business Solution Manager to join our fast-faced IT team. This highly technical role will design and implement end-to-end solutions. With a thorough understanding of business & IT requirements, s/he will design secure, scalable performance solutions to drive execution of the project according to agreed plan and budget. Expertise is required in
Essential Functions and Key Responsibilities:
- Leads evaluation and solution design for enterprise-wide applications
- Translates business and technical requirements into an architectural blueprint to achieve business objectives
- Proposes architecture solutions based on business and technology considerations, and suitable alternatives to satisfy customer needs
- Acts as a bridge between technical and business audiences during solution development
- Analyzes the current architecture to identify weaknesses and opportunities for improvement
- Collaborates with enterprise architecture, information security and applications and infrastructure teams to produce optimal designs
- Ensures compliance of solutions to architectural standards
- Acts as a subject matter expert on technologies and trends in solutions architecture
- Acts as a consultant on a broad range of technologies, platforms and vendors
- Produces technical documents of systems and architectures
- Responsible for leading the roll-out of business application projects
- Overall project management including defining and managing project plan, coordination and driving the execution of project tasks, communication to project team and key business partners
- Direct and coordinate the work activities of project team as necessary and manage corresponding day to day project activities.
- Implement a solid structured methodology and re-enforce corresponding processes for each phase of the project. Communicate methodology and train the team to the methodology and process. Make sure teams abide to processes.
- Deliver demanding project propositions and solutions to tight deadlines by:
- Managing and documenting change.
- Pursuing contract variations, when appropriate.
- Prepare and manage the project implementation schedule to ensure milestones and deadlines are achieved.
- Change order and risk management e.g. Identifying risks and mitigation approaches.
- Manage financial aspect of the project (estimate, support BC & CER process, finalize financial forecast and capture actuals and report on financial health of the project)
- Overall, stay on top of project and stay pro-active to be able to foresee future upcoming challenges and make sure challenges as well as suggested solutions are discussed, decided and in place on-time to cope with future challenges.
- Maintains healthy relationships with IT counterparts and business partners and third-party providers supported by a regular, clear and accurate communication.
- Identify, manage and resolve internal and external conflicts related to project.
- Performs other related responsibilities as required
Knowledge and Skills Requirements:
- Fluent verbal and written English communication skills required
- Excellent relationship building skills. Ability to lead cross-functional teams, developing and nurturing productive relationships colleagues
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with keen attention to detail
- Good understanding of Agile principles and development methodologies
- Ability to articulate new ideas and concepts to technical and non-technical audiences
- Ability to work creatively and analytically
- Experience delivering presentations to senior level executives and technical audiences
- Ability to work in fast-paced, rapidly changing environment (need people who can be energetic, agile, pro-active, positive and react to change)
- Strong comprehension of the systems development life cycle and data modeling
- Strong experience with Oracle technology and applications, specifically EBS R12 as well as legacy systems integration
- Knowledge of project management tools (MS Project, JIRA)
- Experience or training in ITIL preferred
Education, Work Experience, and Professional Certifications:
- Minimum education: 4 years college degree (preferably in a technical field such as computer science, mathematics, or engineering)
- Minimum 6 years of progressive work experience preferred in a related field (3 to 4 if post graduate work completed)
- 5 years of project management experience: Implementation experience with one or more key projects supporting mid-large business
- 7-10 years of experience on architecting and designing complex solutions both on a functional and technical term
Work Environment / Physical Requirements:
- Office environment, heavy computer use
- Must be able to work extended hours as needed
- Occasional travel required
- Light physical effort equal to frequent lifting or moving of lightweight materials
- Regularly required to sit or stand, bend and reach
TaylorMade Golf Company is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religious creed, color, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, pregnancy, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, military and veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance, or regulation.