SAP Analyst - Finance Solutions Architecture
Carlsbad, California, United States
Callaway Golf Company is a leader in total performance, premium golf equipment and active lifestyle products while also being a great place to work! We are passionate and push the limits of innovation. We dare to be great while acting with integrity and respect. We stay hungry, yet humble. All while having fun and making golf enjoyable for everyone!
Our company is a blend of experience and diverse backgrounds, and our leaders have a strong history of building and selling successful initiatives. We are working to build a truly groundbreaking company, and we want top-notch people to join us in that mission.
Are you an SAP Analyst that is passionate about Finance solutions?
The Sr Principal SAP Analyst - Finance will be required to analyze highly complex business problems to be solved with automated systems. Position will leverage S/4 HANA 2020 Finance and current SAP solutions to support our SAP Fashion solution for retail and fashion.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead the design, implementation of large cross functional size projects such as implementing SAP.
- As part of the Global Integration team, review and approve designs from all large projects to ensure quality is in line with overall global s/4 strategic direction.
- As a member of configuration team: mentor, lead, design and configure solutions to meet the most complex business requirements leveraging current SAP solutions including S/4 HANA Finance and Centralized Finance.
- Lead and manage all phases of the project life cycle including analysis, design, development, testing, deployment and post-production support/maintenance.
- Define project tasks and coordinate completion to ensure estimates are thorough and accurate.
- Communicate status of projects and initiatives to middle and senior level management.
- Mentor/develop/motivate technical and analytical staff.
- Provide and approve global architecture designs for other project
- Manage multiple projects/reporting solutions for multiple business areas and review/resolve resource constraints or environmental change impacts.
TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities)
- Expert knowledge of current S/4 HANA Finance solutions including Material Ledger and Intercompany processing.
- Strong knowledge of US and international accounting principles, i.e. GAAP and IFRS.
- Excellent communication skills, oral and written including ability to conduct formal and informal presentations and workshops to all levels of management.
- Expert knowledge of S/4 HANA Finance with an emphasis on Finance and Controlling modules (i.e. GL, AR, AP, AA, PC, PCA, CCA, IO, PA, etc.).
- Experience with Centralized Finance ideally with CO-PA and CO-PCA integration.
- Experience with SAP FSCM (Dispute Management, Collections Management, Credit Management) Experience with IS-FMS/IS-AFS/IS-Retail, SAP CAR integration.
- Experience with 3rd party tax solutions (i.e. Vertex/Avalara) and BPC (Planning and/or Consolidation) is beneficial.
- Able to mentor others.
- Able to quickly develop complex programs, and business solutions.
- Expert project management skills, including ability to use influence, persuasion, and mediation to resolve issues and drive consensus.
- Able to define project tasks independently and project manage definition of brand new entities and develop a project plan that represents cross functional detailed tasks at multiple company levels.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related area, or equivalent additional work experience required.
- Minimum 10 years between SAP R3/ECC or S/4 HANA with implementation experience in a team environment. Of that, a minimum of 1 year in S/4 HANA.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience leading and mentoring a functional team and managing complex SAP projects.
- Courses or certificates in SAP R3/ECC or S/4 HANA Finance preferred.
Callaway Golf is an Equal Opportunity Employer.