Callaway Golf Company is a leader in total performance, premium golf equipment and active lifestyle products while also being a great place to work! We are passionate and push the limits of innovation. We dare to be great while acting with integrity and respect. We stay hungry, yet humble. All while having fun and making golf enjoyable for everyone!
Our company is a blend of experience and diverse backgrounds, and our leaders have a strong history of building and selling successful initiatives. We are working to build a truly groundbreaking company, and we want top-notch people to join us in that mission.
We are seeking an experienced Director, Enterprise Architecture to be based in our Carlsbad, CA office in support of initiatives related to enterprise applications and infrastructure, digital transformation, modernization, and enterprise strategy. This role is a high visibility, technology leadership position requiring an extensive background and operational experience with architectural engagements, familiarity with major industry products and frameworks, a deep comprehension of industry standards and implementation techniques with a proven track record of leading modernization using products and services delivery. Position includes architectural artifact and transitional roadmap development, system design, software prototyping, team mentoring and many other leadership activities in a dynamic business partner facing atmosphere.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide architecture leadership on transformational multi-year application and infrastructure improvement initiatives
- Work closely with business stakeholders in business needs identification and transitional roadmap planning
- Create, evolve and socialize architecture standards and principles to improve solution consistency across all geographies and brands across the enterprise
- Lead business and solution architecture workshops in transformation planning
- Create and maintain the Business Capability Map across all geographies and brands
- Create, maintain and socialize the 3-year Technology Strategy collateral
- Provide architecture leadership and guidance across multiple matrixed functions within the enterprise with key emphasis on architecture alignment during transformational initiatives
- Ensure vendor product implementations and upgrades are aligned to architecture vision, strategy, standards and principles
- Participates/Leads vendor technology research, fit-evaluations, and POCs to ensure architecture alignment
- Coordinate/collaborate across business and technical teams in developing mission, vision, outcomes and business-value of transformational initiatives for executive leadership review
COMPETENCIES (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities)
- Expertise and enterprise architecture concepts and application
- Experience with enterprise-grade eCommerce platforms is desired
- Expertise in infrastructure scoping and solutions is desired
- Expertise in Continuous Integration and Delivery (CI/CD) tools & practices is desired.
- Enterprise & Solution Architecture experience is desired.
- Ability to solution and communicate with functional and technical teams
- Review solution designs, technical architectures to ensure alignment with architectural principles and goals, and to ensure that delivery conforms to solution designs; socialize the Business Capability Map to employees at all levels
- Strong storytelling skills to breakdown complex technical information in layman’s terms ensuring clear, concise status reporting to organizational leaders and stakeholders that don’t necessarily have a technical background
- Knowledge of and experience with Domain Driven Design (DDD) as a modeling methodology in an enterprise technology setting
- Experience with delivering architecture domains for Business, Data, Application and Technology within formal industry methodologies such as TOGAF, FEAF, etc.
- Experience and accomplishments with de-facto cloud providers (AWS/Azure/Google), applying serverless products using managed services and platform-based application technologies in solution architecture, design and system development
- Excellent oral communications, bringing thought, vision and strategy leadership with excellent presentation skills
- Experience with PaaS/SaaS platform architectures and services provisioning
- Experience establishing work relationships across multi-disciplinary teams and multiple partners in different time zones
- Application of one or more enterprise architecture modeling tools such as (Sparx EA, Mega, Visual Paradigm, etc.)
- Independently driven, resourceful, and able to deliver results with minimal directions
- Certifications: DDD, TOGAF 9.1, PMP, CSM, SAFe Agilist, etc.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or related field.
- 10-15 years’ Experience including enterprise architecture leadership experience and 5 years of management and organizational leadership experience.
- Experience in Retail/CPG/Hi-Tech industry is a plus
- Experience building microservices is required.
- Implementation experience in architecting sites with multilingual and global payment service providers/gateways
- Background in agile methodologies is highly valued.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with a high degree of professionalism in working collaboratively at all levels inside and outside of the organization.
Callaway Golf is an Equal Opportunity Employer.