Quality Assurance Inspector
Fort Worth, Texas, United States
Callaway Golf Company is a leader in total performance, premium golf equipment and active lifestyle products while also being a great place to work! We are passionate and push the limits of innovation. We dare to be great while acting with integrity and respect. We stay hungry, yet humble. All while having fun and making golf enjoyable for everyone!
Our company is a blend of experience and diverse backgrounds, and our leaders have a strong history of building and selling successful initiatives. We are working to build a truly groundbreaking company, and we want top-notch people to join us in that mission.
The Quality Assurance Inspector prepares audit materials based on audit schedules, objectives, and priorities. Performs process and product audits to ensure compliance with documented procedures, standards and specifications and communicates audit findings to quality management. Incumbent is responsible for follow up on corrective actions and open discrepancies. The Quality Assurance Inspector, under the direction of the Quality Manager, assists in analyzing and solving basic quality problems in compliance with CPSIA requirements, apparel, golf bags and embroidered goods. Updates inspection plans and instructions, implements sampling plans, prepares procedures, trains inspectors on Quality related issues, and performs process/product audits. The Quality Assurance Inspector also identifies opportunities for improving awareness, visibility, communication, and involvement of operators in quality improvement initiatives regarding embroidered goods and Golf Bag operations. The Quality Assurance Inspector may be asked to work on assignments that are moderately complex in nature, where judgment is required in resolving problems and making routine recommendations. This person works overtime, including weekends, as needed, occasionally on short notice.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Plan, prepare, conduct, review and report on audits of production operations.
• Follow up on open action items and formal Corrective action to assess completion and effectiveness.
• Use and update tree diagrams showing process elements, or PEEMMM (people, equipment, environment, methods, materials, measures).
• Identify, organize, and summarize evidence to support conclusions about compliance to work instructions and job aids.
• Make presentations of system status to management and senior management.
• Conduct meetings to review audit findings.
• Use and update audit checklists.
• Participate in documentation reviews.
• Plan, prepare, conduct, review and report on audits of product and component using cosmetic, configuration, packaging, and dimensional quality standards and product specifications.
• Initiate Non-Conforming Material form and segregate non-conforming materials.
• Maintain product quality standards documentation.
• Is responsible for inspecting product received from all suppliers and embroidered goods from Manufacturing.
• Is required to take precise measurements and record manual data when measurements can’t be recorded electronically.
• Is required to test and analyze children’s product using approved XRF (or equivalent) equipment and processes
Disposition of Returns
• Enter and process return goods as needed. Disposition return goods according to quality standards
• Make quality decisions based on product and process specifications as well as quality system guidelines.
• Download data from SAP and transfer to other software applications.
• Responsible for the return to supplier process; working directly with the Accounting department and outside suppliers to ensure Callaway is credited for non-conforming materials as per the Return-to-Supplier policy.
Implement Quality Standards
• Assist in the development, implementation, and verification of quality standards.
• Develop quality standards for cosmetic and other requirements.
• Participate in problem solving and process improvement teams.
Collect and Analyze Process/Product Data
• Verify product (testing or inspection) meets applicable dimensional, visual, and/or functional requirements.
• Prepare and conduct product and process audits in accordance with a quality audit plan, and report the findings.
• Track, trend, and report results of verifications and audits. Investigate quality issues and trends within assigned product areas.
• Identify and communicate to Quality Management, quality issues using information gained from process monitoring activities.
• Use basic charts and graphs (trend, bar, pie, flow charts) to communicate information used in problem solving and decision-making.
• Analyze and identify probable root cause for quality problems, and recommend appropriate corrective action.
• Update pareto charts and spreadsheets
• Enter data into spreadsheets
Support Continuous Improvement
• Identify opportunities for improving awareness, visibility, communication, and involvement of operators in quality improvement initiatives.
• Verify implementation and effectiveness of corrective and preventive actions to support continuous improvement.
• Act as a role model in promoting quality systems, procedures and standards.
• Is able to proficiently train employees to perform the different inspection functions
• Processes lots in SAP using the Quality Module.
• Gathers, records and reports finished goods customer returns in SAP Module.
• Is able to efficiently record manual data and do interpretation and complex correlation from data provided by the suppliers or engineering.
TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities)
• Requires successful completion of the QA Auditor and QA Clerk Job Proficiency Assessment
• Requires a high degree of understanding of inspection techniques as well as the ability to use specialized equipment, read difficult instructions and maintain written records.
• Able to apply intermediate math operations and analyze trend charts.
• Basic user-level skills in any e-mail application, MS Word, and Excel.
• Able to learn and apply conflict management techniques, effective listening skills, and assertive communication methods.
• Able to manage and prioritize multiple tasks and appointments.
• Able to effectively work as part of a team.
• Able to analyze information and make recommendations based on analysis
• Able to see the relationship between tasks and processes.
• Able to communicate effectively, in both written and oral form, to various levels of management
• Must be able to work independently, requiring instructions only on new assignments
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required
• Minimum 3 years of inspection experience as a process or product auditor/inspector in a high volume manufacturing environment
Callaway Golf is an Equal Opportunity Employer