We are looking for a candidate who is passionate about contributing to the building of a world-class digital ecosystem that enables competitive advantages in the golf industry. This position provides ample opportunities for growth in developing business acumen, and technical skills in cutting edge IT technologies. Be a part of a dedicated team of professionals and bring your competence, passion, and heart. The team prides itself in being innovative, agile, and responsive to the needs of the customers throughout the organization.
The Digital Architect will oversee the TaylorMade digital ecosystem from architectural point of view and will advocate and define its strategic evolution and growth to build capabilities, enabling business strategies.
This position will demonstrate forward thinking leadership around where the organization is going and how technology can support these efforts. This position is responsible for leading the design and implementation of technological frameworks and IT architectures, by providing technical leadership.
Essential Functions and Key Responsibilities:
- Builds, aligns, maintains reference and target architectures and technical standards
- Umbrella all IT technical architectures and guarantee consistency in decision making to avoid siloed solutions.
- Ensure all architectural decisions are aligned with the IT strategy in realizing the IT digital ecosystem vision.
- Defines target technical architectures within the global landscape of TaylorMade’s IT systems.
- Lifts TaylorMade’s digital ecosystem via technological innovations and prototyping mindset.
- Defines appropriate integration strategies, to support system and business requirements.
- Leads cross-functional meetings and technical discussions and provides technical guidance and expertise.
- Supports and participates with buy vs. build decisions.
- Partners with IT stakeholders and drives architectural meetings with the objective to design modern, cost-effective, secure, and scalable IT solutions.
- Leverages modern technological advancements and applies these to solve technical challenges.
- Identifies applicable new technologies through research, collaboration with peers, and participation in standards organizations, industry groups, panels, etc.
- Adheres to best practices and provides leadership and IT solutions for complex problems involving cloud technologies.
- Works with global project teams and technical leads to ensure quality and consistency of architectures and technical implementations and assists with decision making.
- Drives scope definition, technical design, and capacity planning of new IT solutions.
- Performs review of requirements and specifications and is responsible for architecting adequate technical solutions.
- As necessary, oversees and manages external consultants related to the design and build of IT architectures and technical solutions
- Assists with solving technical problems and resolving incidents.
- Performs other responsibilities as required
Knowledge and Skills Requirements:
- Proven background in designing and architecting enterprise IT solutions leveraging cloud, preferably Azure
- Proven technical expertise and leadership with IT technologies including design and delivery
- Hands-on experience with full life cycle software development
- Strong background in service-oriented architectures and micro services
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and lead cross-functional teams
- Financial acumen to forecast and manage overall cloud usage cost
- Ability to communicate clearly with strong attention to detail
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills, with ability to communicate complex technical issues to non-technical users.
Education, Work Experience and Professional Certification:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics or other related field
- 5+ years’ experience as technical architect designing complex enterprise IT solutions within a multi-platform distributed environment
- 10+ years’ experience with full life cycle software development
- 4+ years experience designing and building architectures on cloud platforms, preferably Azure IaaS and Azure PaaS services
- Experience with cloud integration technologies for on-premises to cloud and cloud-to-cloud integrations
Work Environment / Physical Requirements:
- Normal office conditions with extensive computer usage
- Ability to work extended hours as necessary.
- Able to work efficiently and accurately in an atmosphere of frequent interruption
- Light physical effort equal to frequent lifting or moving of lightweight materials
TaylorMade Golf Company is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religious creed, color, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, pregnancy, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, military and veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance, or regulation.