We are looking for a candidate who is passionate about contributing to the building of a world-class digital ecosystem that enables competitive advantages in the golf industry. This position provides ample opportunities for growth in developing business acumen, and technical skills in cutting edge IT technologies. Be a part of a dedicated team of professionals and bring your competence, passion, and heart. The team prides itself in being innovative, agile, and responsive to the needs of the customers throughout the organization.
The Technical Architect/Developer Factory Automation will advocate and define TaylorMade’s factory automation technical architecture and vision from a strategic perspective by having broad and deep responsibilities in the evolution and growth of the assembly platform. S/he will drive forward thinking leadership around where the organization is going and how technology can support these efforts. S/he will be critical to lead the creation and implementation of a technological framework in support of TaylorMade’s initiatives in factory automation and IoT computing, with focus on the design and development of systems and services in that space. Additionally, this position will be responsible for overall architecture and full life cycle development, security auditing, best practices, and technology evolution of TaylorMade’s factory automation platform.
Essential Functions and Key Responsibilities:
- Own the architecture and all architectural decisions within the global landscape of TaylorMade’s factory automation platform.
- Lift TaylorMade’s factory automation platform via technological innovations and prototyping mindset.
- Evolve and enhance TaylorMade’s factory automation platform by supporting ambitious business strategy; Drive technological innovation and prototyping mindset to create a competitive advantage in the factory assembly space.
- Leverage modern technological advancements and applies these to solve factory assembly challenges.
- Partner with forward thinkers in the company to deliver TM next generation assembly platform.
- Design architectures within the .NET and Azure IoT – Azure IoT Hub, Azure IoT Edge server platforms that adhere to best practices and provide leadership and IT solutions for complex problems involving cloud and IoT technologies. Most specifically reading data from machine sensors, processing and providing info to machine operators.
- Hands-on technical leadership on the Microsoft .NET platform, with IoT, DevOps and Agile scrum background.
- Design, develop, install, configure, and manage highly scalable solutions that implement industry best practices using Azure cloud and .NET framework.
- Drive scope definition, requirements analysis, functional and technical design, capacity planning and management, application build, product configuration, unit testing, and production deployment.
- Leads technical discussions and provides technical guidance and expertise for .NET, Azure and IoT.
- Perform review of requirement specification and is responsible for technical designs.
- Design and propose efficient and cost-effective technical solutions to support implementations.
- Resolve and assist with resolution of production issues within established SLAs.
- Follow release management and source code management processes.
- As necessary, oversee and manage external consultants related to development, and collaborate with off-site support teams
- Primary liaison between IT and business teams/stakeholders in the area of factory automation. Works with business, IT users, and stakeholders to refine user stories and business requirements.
- Identify applicable new technologies through research, collaboration with peers, and participation in standards organizations, industry groups, panels, etc.
- Performs other responsibilities as required.
Knowledge and Skills Requirements:
- Proven technical expertise and leadership with IoT technologies including design and delivery.
- Strong background in designing and developing IT solutions for manufacturing/assembly automation with IoT components, leveraging Azure IoT platform
- Hands-on development across entire .NET and Azure technical stacks, includes but not limited to front-end, middle tier and back end development on C#, MVC,.Net 4.6, .NET Core, ASP.net (Web Services), AngularJS 1&4, WebAPI REST, Azure, OData, etc.
- Ability to design and build REST web services on the .NET platform.
- Experience utilizing JIRA Agile tools and working in an Agile environment. Ability to utilize JIRA Agile Scrum methodology.
- Financial acumen to forecast and manage project and overall cloud usage cost
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and lead cross-functional teams
- Communicate clearly and attention to details
- Strong English communications skills: both verbal and written, with the ability to explain complex concepts to non-technical audiences.
Education, Work Experience, and Professional Certifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics or other related field
- 8+ years’ experience as a hands-on solution architect in IoT and cloud applications development in a complex, multi-platform distributed environment
- 8+ years’ experience as hands-on IoT architect responsible for deployment governance, security auditing, best practices adherence and technology evolution
- 8+ years’ experience in the .NET/C# development and the technology stack, e.g., C#, .NET Core, REST API, WebAPI and MVC
- 5+ years’ experience designing and building architectures on the Azure platform leveraging Azure IaaS and Azure PaaS services, Azure IoT
- 5+ years’ experience utilizing relational databases, e.g. Azure SQL, SQL Server, and Oracle
- 3+ years’ experience with AngularJS and JSON
- 3+ years’ experience with cloud integration technologies for on-premise to cloud and cloud-to-cloud integrations
Work Environment / Physical Requirements:
- Normal office conditions with extensive computer usage
- Ability to work extended hours as necessary.
- Able to work efficiently and accurately in an atmosphere of frequent interruption
- Light physical effort equal to frequent lifting or moving of lightweight materials
TaylorMade Golf Company is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religious creed, color, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, pregnancy, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, military and veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance, or regulation.