Callaway Golf Company is a leader in total performance, premium golf equipment and active lifestyle products while also being a great place to work! We are passionate and push the limits of innovation. We dare to be great while acting with integrity and respect. We stay hungry, yet humble. All while having fun and making golf enjoyable for everyone!
Our company is a blend of experience and diverse backgrounds, and our leaders have a strong history of building and selling successful initiatives. We are working to build a truly groundbreaking company, and we want top-notch people to join us in that mission.
The Director of Engineering and Quality is responsible for directly managing the Quality and Process Engineering departments at Callaway golf ball manufacturing facilities, and developing and implementing Global Quality Standards for the golf ball category. Systems and Processes will be established to ensure the quality and consistency of products, enable Continuous Improvement activities, and proactively identify and address issues. Collaborates with Manufacturing, Facilities/Equipment, and Product Engineering teams to support production, implement capital projects, asses/roll-out new products, and drive improvements to enhance product performance. The incumbent will be involved in all aspects of the design, development, manufacturing, storage, shipment, sales and returns of Callaway products. Develops and implements new work flow processes in support of new business, custom opportunities, and pro tour support.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinate Process Engineering developmental and sustaining activities for all golf balls
- Develop key objectives that define the Corporate Quality Policy and direct efforts to ensure they are achieved worldwide.
- Collaborate with equipment group on design and execution of capital projects related to process improvement, equipment replacement, and new product requirements
- Assure that all global golf ball supply activities, goals and responsibilities are aligned with corporate business and quality objectives, satisfying the needs of internal and external customers while maintaining a high standard of finished product quality.
- Work closely with Manufacturing, Supply Chain, Research, Distribution, Subsidiaries and other corporate groups worldwide to provide the required level of support to help them achieve goals without compromising quality.
- Support the New Product Development process to facilitate the production of new components and finished products which meet the design and quality requirements in an efficient, cost effective and timely manner.
- Develop metrics to monitor quality performance compared to established goals. Routinely issue Quality Performance Indicators and other reports to drive continuous improvement.
- Direct the Quality function in order to provide Quality Assurance support during the new product development cycle. Responsibilities include supplier assessments and auditing, specification review, establishing quality limit standards, gauge development, component and product qualification, PCP audits, Incoming Quality Control guidance, problem resolution and technical support.
- Monitor customer returns worldwide, analyzing and compiling the data, identifying trends and initiating corrective measures to address chronic problems. Report the results to Corporate Management. Perform Voice of Customer studies as necessary to calibrate cosmetic limit standards for clubs and balls to assure they are realistic and accurately reflect customer expectations.
- Support operations initiatives via process improvements, productivity improvements, new processes, etc.
- Responsible for establishing and maintaining manufacturing instructions
- Develop, track, and monitor performance objectives relating to the implementation of continuous improvement, efficiency, and productivity projects.
- Implement new work flow processes in support of new business and custom opportunities
- Responsible for budget preparation, oversight and expense control.
TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- In-depth knowledge of ToC, Six Sigma, Lean, 5S, SPC, SQC and other process improvement, quality, and monitoring tools.
- Six Sigma Black Belt certification required.
- Self-starter that takes the initiative to start and complete assignments without direct supervision.
- Able to effectively work as a part of a team toward meeting company goals.
- Adept at delegating work assignments to subordinate staff.
- Able to effectively manage subordinate performance in a constructive manner.
- Skilled at guiding the development of subordinates in alignment with company goals and objectives. Strong management and leadership skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to gain cooperation of functional counter-parts or others not directly supervised to achieve assigned objectives.
- Skilled at solving complex problems and implementing solutions.
- Demonstrated strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Considers and understands financial impact of decisions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor&rsquos degree B.S. in a technical discipline e.g.: Industrial Engineering from a four-year college or university required.
- Minimum 10 years of progressive experience with an Engineering and/or Quality function, with a minimum of five years as a department head.
- Minimum 6 years supervisory or managerial experience preferred.
Callaway Golf is an Equal Employment Opportunity Company.