Callaway Golf Company is a leader in total performance, premium golf equipment and active lifestyle products while also being a great place to work! We are passionate and push the limits of innovation. We dare to be great while acting with integrity and respect. We stay hungry, yet humble. All while having fun and making golf enjoyable for everyone!
Our company is a blend of experience and diverse backgrounds, and our leaders have a strong history of building and selling successful initiatives. We are working to build a truly groundbreaking company, and we want top-notch people to join us in that mission.
As a member of Callaway’s Advanced Design Engineering (ADE) team this role requires an innovative, open minded approach to golf club finishing and surface treatments. In this role you will interface with multiple groups both internal (Engineering, Industrial Design, and R&D) and external (Suppliers) as you work to evaluate and help implement these new finishes. This role requires a high amount both creative and technical thought and independent work while remaining flexible and open to critique and direction from other ADE team members and Senior Management.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Thinking outside the box with regards to belting, blasting, polishing, plating and all other visual surface treatments
• Assess surface treatment processes inside and outside the golf industry, implementing when appropriate
• Assess supplier process capability to produce both prototype and production parts
• Submit patent applications to internal legal department to protect Intellectual Property
• Work closely with Product Engineering while proving out concepts
• Act as a technical liaison with external suppliers
• Plan, procure, test, and evaluate physical prototypes
• Travel as required to supply base and trade shows, both domestically and overseas
• Understand program timelines and be proactive regarding task completion in a deadline driven environment
TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities)
• Experience with investment casting, forging, metal finishing preferred
• Understanding of various surface treatments such as PVD, chrome plating, etc.
• Understand various metals/alloys (Aluminum, Titanium, Tungsten, Steel, etc.) and the
complexities involved with finishing each
• Ability to work with suppliers in an independent mode to solve technical problems
• Ability to lead technical meetings and report project status
• Highly creative with good critical thinking skills
• Ability to actively participate in team discussions and provide clear and concise
• Proficient with MS Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and MS Project)
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and collaboratively with others
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• 5-7 years related experience in a metals finishing capacity required
• Golf club/component knowledge a plus
Callaway Golf is an Equal Opportunity Employer