American Golf is Europe's largest golf retailer with over 90 stores across the UK and Ireland. We recognise talent. For us, it’s all about loving what you do, whilst a passion for golf will be well received, it is more about the service and expertise we deliver as a business.
This is a new role within American Golf, and you will be joining the organisation at an exciting time of growth and change. The Business has experienced some turbulence over recent years but is now able to re-assert its dominant market position and move the business into a new phase.
American Golf has a fair amount of legacy IT systems spread throughout our Head Office and Retail Estate which require careful management and attention. Whilst there is a plan to upgrade our systems, we must provide a high level of support to current platforms and, at the same time, continue to support the ongoing expansion of the Business.
You would be expected to share your working time between the Head Office and on the road carrying out a diverse range of IT infrastructure related tasks throughout the UK and, potentially, Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland. Whilst working at our Retail Stores you would be expected to carry out repairs, installation and general maintenance of IT assets which will include Windows-based PCs, laptops, wired and wireless networks, monitors and other peripherals.
Whilst working at stores you would be the ‘face’ of the IT department so good communication skills and high standards of personal presentation are required to project a professional image. It should also be noted that this role will require a significant number of overnight stays, sometimes at short notice.
- Support of IT Infrastructure assets.
- Installation of IT equipment at new sites.
- Early life support for new sites post opening day.
- Configuration and replacement of IT equipment at remote sites.
- Maintenance of existing store networks, wired and wireless.
- Providing additional support for 1st and 2nd Line IT staff when not required to be at remote sites.
- Other general IT support related activities.
As an IT Field Engineer you ideally will have;
- At least 3-5 years of 1st Line Support experience.
- Solid understanding of Windows 7 and 10.
- Solid oral communication skills.
- Ability to work unsupervised and to tight timescales.
- Experience in networking (Routers, Switches, Wireless).
- Flexible approach to working hours and travel.
- Understanding that you will be required to stay over at sites on a regular basis.
- Excellent customer-facing skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Full UK clean driving licence
What will you receive:
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- A day off to celebrate your Birthday!
- Staff discount
- Company bonus applicable
This is a fantastic opportunity to join Europe's Largest golf retailer and support our ongoing growth as a market leader. If you are interested in this position apply today!