Callaway Golf Company is a leader in total performance, premium golf equipment and active lifestyle products while also being a great place to work! We are passionate and push the limits of innovation. We dare to be great while acting with integrity and respect. We stay hungry, yet humble. All while having fun and making golf enjoyable for everyone!
Our company is a blend of experience and diverse backgrounds, and our leaders have a strong history of building and selling successful initiatives. We are working to build a truly groundbreaking company, and we want top-notch people to join us in that mission.
Under moderate supervision, the Industrial Engineer is responsible for all general industrial engineering functions concerned with the integration of human, material and equipment resources in support of all manufacturing operations. Analyze, plan and implement process/system improvements and optimizations with the proficient use of Lean / Six Sigma tools and techniques for the purposes of improved costs, efficiencies, quality, and safety. Facilitate project teams with a focus on sustainable control plans. Promote and support an environment of continuous improvement through engagement and training of employees.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Design and execute industrial engineering studies including, but not limited to, plant layout optimizations, balancing of workloads, productivity optimization, recommending safety control and elimination of hazards in manufacturing operations, development of material handling methods, time studies, capital equipment justifications, cost improvements, OEE, capacity analysis, floor space utilization, etc.
- Help support manufacturing, quality, maintenance, and other organizations with technical expertise, engineering studies, improvements, and project implementation
- Measure progress toward improvement goals and report results through meetings and visual display of information boards
- Provide employee training and education in the concepts and practices of Six Sigma problem–solving, Lean manufacturing, and promote an environment of continuous improvement and learning
- Lead Kaizen events, support Kaizen teams during implementation process and sustain improvement methods
- Independently generate initiatives and programs with demonstrable benefit
- Serve as a facilitator, resource, and coach for project teams
- Work effectively and professionally with all levels of employees
- Maintain a high level of cleanliness of work areas in accordance with departmental cleanliness standards and safety guidelines
TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities)
- Critical thinker with vision for progressive and sustainable improvements
- Strong problem-solving / troubleshooting skills
- Strong presentation skills are a MUST
- Sound organizational and communication skills
- Ability to multitask and work under deadlines
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision and within a team environment
- Statistical aptitude with proficiency in data analysis, documentation, and presentation
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of employees, including senior management
- Ability to manage multiple moderate scale projects
- Ability to organize and maintain documentation
- Computer proficiency with standard MS Office suite, including Visio
- Proficiency with statistical software (Minitab) and Autocad preferred
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Engineering or applicable engineering discipline required
- 2+ years of experience in manufacturing environment preferred
- Formal training or coursework in statistical analysis preferred
- Lean and/or Six Sigma Certification preferred
This job description indicates in general terms, the type and level of work performed as well as the typical responsibilities of employees in this classification and it may be changed by management at any time. Other duties may also apply. Distribution of this item outside of the Company without an authorized release is a violation of Company policy.
Callaway Golf is an Equal Opportunity Employer.