Callaway Golf Company is a leader in total performance, premium golf equipment while also being a great place to work! We are passionate and push the limits of innovation. We dare to be great while acting with integrity and respect. We stay hungry, yet humble. All while having fun and making fold enjoyable for everyone!
Our company is a blend of experience and diverse backgrounds, and our leaders have a strong history of building and selling successful initiatives. We are working to build a truly groundbreaking company, and we want top-notch people to join us in that mission.
This Associate Continuous Improvement (CI) Engineer will support the process improvement initiatives in the North America Distribution Center. This resource will help conduct cross-functional strategic and tactical planning meetings to achieve cross-functional alignment, prioritize, and quantify the benefits of proposed projects. The candidate will rely on their knowledge of Lean Distribution, Six Sigma and Global 8-D Root Cause Analysis problem-solving techniques to train resources, manage projects/teams, solve problems, mitigate risk, optimize systems, and improve business processes with constant financial analysis and quantification of the before and after states.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Process Re-Engineering, Continuous Improvement and Change Management
- Analyze current processes by generating Process Flow Diagrams and Value Stream Maps in order to benchmark and/or quantify current performance, identify and quantify waste, and to establish metrics for quantifying the improvement activities.
- Support and drive team-based problem-solving methodologies such as Global 8-D (Special cause) and DMAIC (common cause) to resolve real-time issues that are negatively impacting Quality Key Performance Indicators, such as Plant Performance Average and Average Outgoing Quality.
- Identify and minimize process waste by leading and organizing Kaizen events centered on Value Stream Mapping, Poka-Yoke, Jikoka, and Visual Management Systems.
- Achieve significant improvements in Operational Efficiency by implementing Kanban systems, , and Standardized Work distribution practices.
- Adhere to the Six Sigma DMAIC process methodology to define, measure, analyze, improve and control “common cause” manufacturing issues.
- Support the execution of studies to stabilize, characterize, and optimize key process parameters. Champion the implementation and sustained use of Statistical Process Control methods.
- Develop training materials, and administer improvement workshops for process re-engineering projects in our distribution center (TX and Canada) and returns processing.
- Work closely with IT to help define external requirements that will improve processes and throughput through system-enhanced capabilities
- Demonstrate deep Project Planning skills to accurately estimate work effort and resources needed to execute initiatives.
- Use various Change Management strategies to overcome organizational roadblocks to achieve desired change levels and review outcomes for effectiveness.
- Apply techniques that support and sustain employee enthusiasm and implement strategies that enable parties with different or opposing outlooks to recognize common goals and work together to achieve them.
- Perform slotting criteria and execution for new product launches and ongoing order fulfillment activities.
- Partner with DC Operation Manager and operations leadership chain-of-command to drive process improvements that drives increased throughput that eliminates wastes without sacrificing quality.
- Work with internal partners that will support on boarding and training of personnel (i.e. contract) for anticipated peak and launches.
- Responsible for driving an inventory control perspective within the operational leadership and direct labor.
- Responsible for driving a positive ‘customer experience’ attitude within the operational leadership and direct labor.
- Supports and drives towards developing of a world class operation.
- Ensure that personnel are trained to developed and approved Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Support and help execute other tasks as assigned.
- Develops models that supports current and future KPIs.
- Supports the reporting of daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual KPIs as defined by senior operational leadership.
- Supports Callaway subsidiaries as required (i.e. process improvements, definition of business requirements for I/T, slotting to support new product launches, etc…)
- Work with internal and external resources to develop systems to optimize processing performance.
- Provide process performance baseline data and anticipated target performance during the specification of new capital equipment.
- Develop business cases by calculating Return on Investments (ROI), Return on Assets (ROA), and Net Present Value (NPV) analyses.
- Measure and monitor project activity by using tools such as cost variance analysis, milestones and actual vs. planned budgets to monitor activity against the committed plan.
TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities)
- Basic knowledge of manufacturing processes required.
- Solid knowledge of MS Word, PowerPoint, Access, and Excel
- Basic knowledge of statistical tools and Minitab software.
- Able to manage multiple tasks
- Able to read and interpret instructions, procedures, etc.
- Team player with exemplary communication skills.
- Flexible and able to adapt to changing environments and priorities and function without rigid organizational boundaries.
- Must show evidence of increasing responsibility with years of experience.
- Must be able to demonstrate a successful track record.
- Highly energetic, creative, intelligent, and logical.
- Able to work extended hours in critical situations.
- Must be a team builder.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- BS in Mechanical, Manufacturing, Industrial Engineering or relevant business discipline required and/or equivalent experience.
- Masters degree in Engineering or Business is desirable.
- Minimum 2 years experience demonstrating skills in the above duties.
- Lean knowledge to apply lean concepts and principles across an entire value stream. Lean certification is highly desirable
- Project management experiences
- Six Sigma Green or Black Belt certification is highly desirable.
Callaway Golf is an Equal Opportunity Employer