Callaway Golf Company is a leader in total performance, premium golf equipment and active lifestyle products while also being a great place to work! We are passionate and push the limits of innovation. We dare to be great while acting with integrity and respect. We stay hungry, yet humble. All while having fun and making golf enjoyable for everyone!
Our company is a blend of experience and diverse backgrounds, and our leaders have a strong history of building and selling successful initiatives. We are working to build a truly groundbreaking company, and we want top-notch people to join us in that mission.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Interpret various requests for returns analysis reports, identify appropriate data from system and develop reports.
- Proactively review data and identify trends in return reasons. Work with manufacturing, R&D, and suppliers to identify root cause and recommend/implement solutions.
- Monitor the returns process to ensure consistency and accuracy in return reason identification. Address and correct reporting inconsistencies. (Example: Standardize and simplify the returns reporting processes, and assist in analyzing repair vs. replace decisions regarding warranty/non-warranty).
- Analyze product returns to determine if initial cause is within predefined Callaway product quality standards.
- Work with quality or R&D engineers to analyze issues that are unusual to identify potential ongoing issues or confirm unique nature of problem.
- In collaboration with finance, develop returns forecasts for new product releases.
- Prepare and distribute standard returns reports with appropriate summary analysis on a regular basis as required or as requested.
- Prepare and distribute product returns data for the calculation of the warranty reserve. Work with accounting on identifying process and product issues and how this with affect the overall reserve.
- Prepare and distribute other operations reports including yield, scrap, and audit data reports.
- Work with international subsidiaries to support and integrate returns data and processes. Analyze and communicate product returns from subsidiaries addressing issue and resolution.
- Work with manufacturing and customer service to identify counterfeit product returns. Assist legal in providing customer and product information along with special projects as needed
- Assist management in other related projects as requested.
TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities)
- Advanced skill level in Microsoft Office suite, particularly Excel and Access.
- Advanced skill level in Minitab, SAP, and ERP systems.
- Knowledge and demonstrated application of quality methods and tools. This includes but is not limited to 6 Sigma, FMEA, Design of Experiments, Statistical Process Controls, Measure System Analysis (Gauge R&Rs)
- Proficiency with report writing applications required, Business Objects knowledge a plus.
- Able to analyze data, detect trends, perform root cause or other types of analysis, and prepare forecasts based on trend analysis.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to prepare reports for all levels of employees and management containing appropriate levels of technical and non-technical data and analysis.
- Able to work across business functions, either in teams or individually, to identify and research issues and develop recommendations.
- Able to effectively manage multiple requests and priorities in a fast paced, quick turnaround environment, while maintaining attention to detail and accuracy.
- Able to work extended hours in critical situations.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelors in Engineering
- Minimum 5 years of related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Occasionally required to wear protective equipment while observing processes in the manufacturing area or quality labs.
- Occasionally required to lift and/or carry up to 25 pounds.
- Occasionally required to travel for business purposes, domestic and international.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS (if applicable)
- Work is performed in a designated professional office workstation and environment.
- Extensive use of office equipment to include computer, calculator, copier, fax, and other business related machines and software.
Callaway is an EEOC