Callaway Golf Company is a leader in total performance, premium golf equipment and active lifestyle products while also being a great place to work! We are passionate and push the limits of innovation. We dare to be great while acting with integrity and respect. We stay hungry, yet humble. All while having fun and making golf enjoyable for everyone!
Our company is a blend of experience and diverse backgrounds, and our leaders have a strong history of building and selling successful initiatives. We are working to build a truly groundbreaking company, and we want top-notch people to join us in that mission.
Researches and evaluates technical issues related to design and fabrication of innovative golf club design concepts under guidance of Sr. Engineers and functional Teams. Organize physical trials of fabrication methods and techniques new or unique to Callaway Golf. Evaluate performance characteristics and helps establish design targets for prototypes and new products. Works on projects from conceptualization into the design and development phase to manage technical issues that interrelate in the areas of performance, construction, and cost.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Evaluate and implement fabrication methods and processes that support innovative designs.
- Assess and mitigate new, unique, and difficult features related to component fabrication.
- Seek and evaluate external concepts to bring outside technology to golf designs and fabrication.
- Work within company systems for documentation, communication, and work routing.
- Submit patent applications to internal legal department to protect Intellectual Property that may be generated.
- Write reports and present project findings, status, and timelines in project reviews.
- Participate in project teams, using process knowledge, performance knowledge, and other analysis to recommend design strategies.
- Provide cost analysis of construction or performance features to determine production viability.
- Investigate key design parameters and their relationship to product performance.
- Measure and evaluate competitors clubs for performance, construction, and general technology.
- Organize physical prototypes via external suppliers, internal prototype capabilities, or by combining both.
- Act as a technical liaison with external suppliers, internal prototype labs, and internal testing labs.
- Assess supplier process capability to produce both prototype and production parts.
- Travel as required to supply base, trade shows, both domestically and abroad.
- Maintain awareness of other R&D projects and contribute as necessary.
TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities)
- Knowledge and experience utilizing engineering fundamentals and testing methods.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work with suppliers in an independent mode to solve technical problems.
- Experience with a variety of carbon fiber reinforced thermoset matrix composite materials manufacturing processes, including hand layup, compression molding, and vacuum bagging.
- Solid understanding of the mechanical properties of composite materials.
- Experience and understanding of mechanical test methods, including ASTM standard tension, compression and flexural tests.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, required.
- Basic Knowledge of Siemens NX or equivalent CAD program preferred.
- Working knowledge of Six Sigma methods, statistical analysis, Minitab or equivalent.
- Understanding and interest in the game of golf is preferred.
- Previous experience in golf industry helpful.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Materials Science, Math, Physics, Statistics or equivalent required.
- Minimum 3 years related experience.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS / WORK ENVIRONMENT (if applicable)
- Work is generally performed in a designated professional office environment and in R&D labs.
- Occasionally exposed to excessive; noise, dust, fumes, chemicals while in R&D labs.
- Occasional travel required; domestically and abroad, including Asia.
- Extensive use of office equipment to include computer, and other business related machines and software.
Callaway Golf is an Equal Opportunity Employer.