Software Engineer – Big Data
Toptracer Technologies have users and viewers all over the world. Our mission is to help people enjoy the wonderful game of golf even more by tracing contributions to TV and driving range technology. Our range technology is used in 29 countries and the broadcast is aired over 200 times every year. All of our products are developed, tested and deployed from our R&D office in Mörby Centrum, Stockholm.
TrackingCore is a high-end development team, responsible for the very core of the tracking technology that is literally driving every other aspect of the company's tech stack.
We are looking to expand our TrackingCore team with a Software Engineer. Current areas of development include AWS-based big-data solutions, automated pipelines for 24/7 statistical analysis of large quantities of golf shots, benchmarking of algorithm improvements, creating tools and solutions for detailed data analysis for advanced algorithm design.
You are a quick learner who easily becomes an "expert" in new technologies. You are also open-minded and can consider both pros and cons for multiple possible solutions at once while enjoying our goal-oriented approach to rather difficult technical challenges.
AWS | Python | SQL | Linux
- Maintain and design our AWS Glue/Athena based infrastructure for our analysis team
- Take the DevOps ownership in the team
- Helping to identify and remove potential performance bottlenecks
- Understand trends and opportunities to ensure we are following best practices
- Advice the data analysis team on best practices
- Contribute to the software development
- Be a part of the team that creates the core of Toptracer technology
- Playing golf
WE BELIEVE YOU HAVE
- 2 or more years working with DevOps or Back End development
- Professional experience working with Python
- Experience provisioning, operating, and managing AWS environments
- Background with ETL pipelines, using AWS Glue, Apache Spark, or similar
- Understanding of Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery principles and practice
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL data stores, preferably PostgreSQL and MongoDB
- Big interest in tech areas like algorithms, programming, algebra, machine learning, cloud-based big-data, data analysis, problem-solving, etc
MORE ABOUT US
We value fully engaged associates that come to work not because they have to but because they enjoy the work that they do and the colleagues they have. We strive to create a diverse and inclusive work environment where everybody can contribute their best. We provide opportunities for people to meet during our Breakfasts, After Work events, or our Golf simulator at the office.
Our culture is driven by our mission to create moments that matter for everyone and our values for Caring, One Team, Fun, Excellence and Edgy Spirit. If you want to learn more about them visit: Core Values | Topgolf.
We believe in personal responsibility, so we try to accommodate everyone's needs. We have flexible working hours and locations to help our teams do their best work.
Our application process for interviews, currently all held remotely, consists of:
- 30-45min video interview/presentation of Toptracer
- 45min-1hr interview with Team Manager.
- 1hr Technical interview with a domain expert.
- 1hr interview with 2 members of the team.
The position is permanent and full-time, located at our office in Danderyd. Hit the link at the bottom of the page to read more about the team.
We hope to hear from you soon!