Callaway Golf Company is a leader in total performance, premium golf equipment while also being a great place to work! We are passionate and push the limits of innovation. We dare to be great while acting with integrity and respect. We stay hungry, yet humble. All while having fun and making golf enjoyable for everyone!
Our company is a blend of experience and diverse backgrounds, and our leaders have a strong history of building and selling successful initiatives. We are working to build a truly groundbreaking company, and we want top-notch people to join us in that mission.
This position will typically be working in a team environment helping to identify, evaluate, and support efforts to resolve manufacturing issues in the daily production processes.  Optimization and troubleshooting of existing processes. Supports engineering activities in the design and implementation of process improvements, new material development, new manufacturing technology, and the technical transfer of new products from research and development to product commercialization.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support Senior Engineers and Manufacturing in efforts to support and troubleshoot the manufacturing processes on a daily basis.
- Work with engineering technicians in Mexico and Asia to support the day-to-day manufacturing operation and SPC. This includes ownership of process control plans and line follow documents.
- Create gage and fixture designs in CAD NX with the aim to improve inspection functionality and part manufacturing repeatability including creating drawings of gages to support inspection.
- Maintain and update manufacturing documentation as required.
- Assist Manufacturing in the training of operators, technicians, and supervisors as needed.
- Provide support to continuous improvement efforts aimed at increasing productivity and yields.
- Support Engineering efforts in the evaluation of new materials, manufacturing methods, and tools in order to improve current processes and/or equipment.
- Support the execution of studies to stabilize, characterize, and optimize key process parameters.
- Work to identify current process capabilities with respect to key product and process parameters.
- Work with R&D to ensure process specifications, procedures, and controls related to new products are well documented and communicated before launch.
- Provide input to R&D regarding processing and material options during the development of new products &ndash Design for Manufacturability DFM.
- Work closely with Innovation and senior process engineers in the development of new assembly components and finishes
TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Proficient with MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Minitab.
- Proficient in CAD, NX
- Experience with CAM programming and CNC operation preferred
- Knowledge of GD&T and how it relates to manufacturing gage development
- Knowledge of materials
- Knowledge of heat treat, welding, and test methods preferred
- Knowledge of statistical tools.
- Knowledge of continuous improvement techniques a plus.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks
- Good mechanical aptitude with a hands-on approach and knowledge of basic tools and instrumentation.
- Able to read and interpret instructions, procedures, etc.
- Be a team player with good written and verbal communication skills.
- Be flexible and able to adapt to changing environments and priorities.
- Able to work extended hours in critical situations.
- Highly energetic, creative, intelligent, and logical.
- Must show evidence of increasing responsibility with years of experience.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- BS in Mechanical, Chemical, Materials or Manufacturing Engineering
- General knowledge of manufacturing processes
- Willingness and ability to travel both domestically and internationally is required
- Minimum 2 years&rsquo experience demonstrating skills in the above duties.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS / WORK ENVIRONMENT if applicable
- Work is performed in a designated professional office workstation and environment.
- Extensive use of office equipment to include computer, calculator, copier, fax, and other business-related machines and software.
- Occasionally required to lift and/or carry up to 50 pounds, regularly lift and/or carry up to 20 pounds and perform moderately demanding physical tasks.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Is occasionally in a climate-controlled office environment where the sound level is quiet.
Callaway Golf is an Equal Opportunity Employer