Callaway Golf Company is a leader in total performance, premium golf equipment and active lifestyle products while also being a great place to work! We are passionate and push the limits of innovation. We dare to be great while acting with integrity and respect. We stay hungry, yet humble. All while having fun and making golf enjoyable for everyone!
Our company is a blend of experience and diverse backgrounds, and our leaders have a strong history of building and selling successful initiatives. We are working to build a truly groundbreaking company, and we want top-notch people to join us in that mission.
The Associate Process Engineer will be part of the Golf Ball R&D Team working to help produce new technologies and top-performing golf ball processes. Under the guidance of Management, this person will assist with process development, prototyping capabilities along with efficiency, and quality improvements with feasibility for manufacturing. This position with also help with additional responsibilities supporting other golf ball fabrication processes within golf ball R&D.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support research in multiple golf ball related areas, which may include, but are not limited to: process development, material development, and new equipment development
- Support research of various golf ball fabrication processes, which may include, but are not limited to: rubber mixing, compression molding, injection molding, surface prep, and paint application through use of simulation tools, Design of Experiments DOE methodology, and good engineering practices.
- Participate in project teams, using process knowledge, performance knowledge, and other analysis to recommend design strategies.
- Frequently work with technicians to develop process both equipment and procedures.
- Support ongoing evaluation of new equipment, processes, and procedures.
- Write reports and present project findings, status, and timelines in project reviews.
- Basic maintenance and troubleshooting of equipment, including cleaning associated equipment.
- Support research and innovation related projects.
- Assist in the implementation of new fabrication materials into the manufacturing environment, including establishing material specifications for production.
- Act as a technical liaison to our internal prototyping and testing teams.
- Maintain awareness of R&D projects led by peers and contribute as necessary.
- Assist in the implementation of new fabrication materials into the manufacturing environment, including establishing material specifications for production
TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Basic processing experience, injection molding, rubber.
- Basic knowledge of scientific study fundamentals and testing methods.
- Ability to multi-task and use good discernment and prioritization when independently managing ones time.
- Strong interpersonal and clear communication skills.
- Ability to travel as required to vendors, trade shows, etc. both domestically and abroad. ??
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Comfort with coding languages and the ability to build analysis tools given large amounts of data i.e. big data analysis, machine learning, multi-variable analysis, statistics and/or optimization.
- Basic knowledge and experience with Matlab, Minitab, JMP, or equivalent engineering analysis software.
- Exposure and experience with Lean Methodology and Six Sigma.
- Knowledge of Siemens NX or equivalent CAD program.
- Understanding and interest in the game of golf.
- Experience with R&D and/or manufacturing labs.
- Injection molding experience or plastic knowledge
- Rubber knowledge
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- BS in Engineering discipline, Mechanical or Materials preferred
- 0-2 years&rsquo experience demonstrating skills in the above duties.
Callaway Golf is an Equal Opportunity Employer