Callaway Golf Company is a leader in total performance, premium golf equipment and active lifestyle products while also being a great place to work! We are passionate and push the limits of innovation. We dare to be great while acting with integrity and respect. We stay hungry, yet humble. All while having fun and making golf enjoyable for everyone!
Our company is a blend of experience and diverse backgrounds, and our leaders have a strong history of building and selling successful initiatives. We are working to build a truly groundbreaking company, and we want top-notch people to join us in that mission.
Researches and evaluates technical issues related to design and fabrication of innovative golf club design concepts under guidance of Sr. Engineers and functional Teams. Organize physical trials of fabrication methods and techniques new or unique to Callaway Golf. Evaluate performance characteristics and helps establish design targets for prototypes and new products. Works on projects from conceptualization into the design and development phase to manage technical issues that interrelate in the areas of performance, construction, and cost.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Evaluate and implement fabrication methods and processes that support innovative designs.
- Assess and mitigate new, unique, and difficult features related to component fabrication.
- Lead project teams for performance, prototype, or innovation related activities under guidance of Sr. Concept Engineers.
- Seek and evaluate external concepts to bring outside technology to golf designs and fabrication.
- Work within company systems for documentation, communication, and work routing.
- Submit patent applications to internal legal department to protect Intellectual Property that may be generated.
- Write reports and present project findings, status, and timelines in project reviews.
- Participate in project teams, using process knowledge, performance knowledge, and other analysis to recommend design strategies.
- Provide cost analysis of construction or performance features to determine production viability.
- Investigate key design parameters and their relationship to product performance.
- Pro-actively interface with the Global Engineering Group on issues related to the production implementation of new performance characteristics and designs.
- Measure and evaluate competitors clubs for performance, construction, and general technology.
- Organize physical prototypes via external suppliers, internal prototype capabilities, or by combining both.
- Act as a technical liaison with external suppliers, internal prototype labs, and internal testing labs.
- Assess supplier process capability to produce both prototype and production parts.
- Travel as required to supply base, trade shows, both domestically and abroad.
- Maintain awareness of other R&D projects and contribute as necessary.
Other responsibilities may include:
- Generate technical reports and memos detailing performance analysis and test results obtained.
- Plan, procure, test, and evaluate physical prototypes to test performance features.
- Organize the physical measurement and testing of prototypes and samples for verification of performance, durability, and conformance.
- Set up robot and player tests and perform statistical analysis of the results.
- Perform structural, vibration, and acoustic analysis of new concepts and designs.
- Run and maintain additive manufacturing equipment, while collecting data, documenting workflows and best practices.
TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Knowledge and experience utilizing engineering fundamentals and testing methods.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work with suppliers in an independent mode to solve technical problems.
- Ability to lead technical meetings and report project status.
- Experience with investment casting, forging, welding, metal finishing, coatings, and/or composites.
- Hands-on background or experience with composite layups, composite molding, machining, assembly, finishing, welding, bonding, desirable.
- Experience with injection and compression molding helpful.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, Powerpoint, required.
- Knowledge of Siemens NX or equivalent CAD program preferred.
- Ability to utilize Finite Element Analysis software Hyperworks, LS-DYNA preferred.
- Basic knowledge of Matlab or equivalent engineering analysis software.
- Basic experience with Siemens TCUA or equivalent PLM system.
- Working knowledge of Six Sigma methods, statistical analysis, Minitab or equivalent.
- Understanding and interest in the game of golf is preferred.
- Previous experience in golf industry helpful.
- Valid US passport required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor&rsquos Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Materials Science, Math, Physics, Statistics or equivalent required.
- Minimum 3 years related experience.
Callaway Golf is an Equal Opportunity Employer.