This job is archived
Callaway Golf Company is a leader in total performance, premium golf equipment while also being a great place to work! We are passionate and push the limits of innovation. We dare to be great while acting with integrity and respect. We stay hungry, yet humble. All while having fun and making golf enjoyable for everyone!
Our company is a blend of experience and diverse backgrounds, and our leaders have a strong history of building and selling successful initiatives. We are working to build a truly groundbreaking company, and we want top-notch people to join us in that mission.
This role is responsible for providing a specified team with the technical assistance required to improve quality, productivity and standard cost problems in the manufacturing process in Injection Molding. Secondarily, this role will optimize processes using Six Sigma and Lean techniques, lead manufacturing improvement initiatives, assist in transitioning of new products and processes from the Research and Development group to the Manufacturing group.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Working knowledge of pneumatic & hydraulic systems
- Evaluate new injection molding technologies.
- Oversee a small group of employees and give technical and process direction
- Make recommendations on budgetary items
- Troubleshoot all aspects of the golf ball manufacturing process
- Identify improvement opportunities related to current process and equipment
- Lead technical work streams of major capital projects
- Conduct pilots and feasibility studies for existing and new processes
- Work effectively and professionally with all levels of employees
- Provide professional and respectful communication, written and verbal, to all levels of manufacturing
- Establish and maintain manufacturing instructions
- Act as project leader for critical engineering initiatives
- Design and draw required components needed for projects
- Train production personnel on new, or modified manufacturing operations as required
- Lead Kaizen Events and Continuous Improvement Projects
- Coach and train the Engineering Technicians to elevate the technical competence in their departments
- Review, modify and implement manufacturing instructions and standard work in coordination with the operations team and training department
- Works towards improvements for process efficiencies
- Work in a safe manner following all PPE and standardized processes
- Perform all other duties as assigned by the Supervisor
TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities)
- Must be able to read, write and understand English
- Strong competency with Microsoft Works programs including Excel, Word and Access
- Ability to lead and direct a small group of employees on a large scale project
- Understanding of Manufacturing systems, including injection molding and robotics
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor of Science in Plastics Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
- 4-6 years’ experience in Injection Molding with strong processing and troubleshooting skills.
- Knowledge of Six Sigma practices – Green Belt Certified preferred
Callaway Golf is an Equal Opportunity Employer.