The Senior Advanced Engineer IT Infrastructure position provides data and computational capacity that facilitates all business services for TaylorMade, including those that are external-facing and direct to the consumer. This position maintains a healthy storage and computing environment with appropriate access, security, availability, performance, capacity and backups for productivity, efficiency, and business continuity. A special expertise is required in data storage, server hardware, virtualization, and the supporting infrastructure.
Must have the proven ability to frame complex problems and work with the team to develop an approach for breaking the problem down into manageable pieces. S/he will be able to lead team members to implement the approach and monitor the quality of the work to ensure the team meets the quality standards. This person should have an interest in mentoring and teaching others and be skilled at identifying and proposing solutions to roadblocks encountered along the way. S/he will understand business process re-engineering and IT system development. The Senior Advanced Lead Engineer IT Infrastructure is accountable for supporting the design of infrastructure network systems and database.
Essential Functions and Key Responsibilities:
- Maintains the architecture of the global TaylorMade infrastructure landscape.
- Provides IT solutions for complex problems involving the infrastructure portfolio.
- Lead the implementation of a complex geographically distributed Warehouse management and eCommerce Infrastructure.
- Understand Concept of operations of eCommerce and distribution operation and technically Support Infrastructure stack to meet all SLA and business requirements
- Design of information system and test plan for current and new technology to remediate and/or improve current technology stack
- Lead the collection, review, evaluation and interpretation of data for new technology stack and/or current technology stack that exists to improve, replace and/or troubleshoot
- Serve as a task leader, providing project technical and management support, including defining project scope, requirements, solutions and deliverables; consulting with customers, working groups and experts as needed; implementing plans to meet goals and objectives; providing recommendations to coordinate and integrate activities, resolve complex problems impacting project and activities.
- Apply business process improvement practices to: reengineer business and technical (e.g. IT systems) operations and develop solutions to complex federal modernization projects.
- Conduct analyses that: assess application of industry best practices, estimate cost savings, and determine if solutions match the desired system architecture objectives.
- Lead the design, planning and implementation management studies and projects, assisting in reviews of a wide variety of business operation issues, with extensive scope and impact throughout complex government organizations and for-profit businesses.
- Present ideas/solutions to clients.
- Lead facilitation sessions with clients and/or stakeholders to define business problems explore potential solutions.
- Serve as a consultant on projects in area of expertise.
- Understand most other technologies within our environment, especially those interdependent with areas of responsibility for this position
- Update and leverage centralized information management systems (e.g., CMDB, ticket systems, architecture diagrams, standard procedures, etc.)
- Seek out and usher in new solutions to meet business needs and optimize operational efficiency
- Deploy solutions in partnership with Infrastructure Operations team peers with minimal customer impact and provide documentation and training to successfully transition operational responsibilities
- Design enterprise-level storage systems/solutions and VMWare ESXi virtualization platform based on the business requirements which are secure/robust/reliable/scalable and aligned with the enterprise architecture principles.
- Provide technical evaluations, consulting, design for projects as required by the business.
- Be the subject matter expert in current storage systems such as Dell Compellent SC8000, FS8600, EMC VNX5300, EMC VNXe3100 and other future storage deployments.
- Own the End to End virtualization platform from backend storage systems to fabric switches and zoning to end point servers or ESXi hosts.
- Possess strong knowledge in Microsoft stack technology such as MS OS (Server 2012,2016, MS SQL 2014, and End Client OS)
- Possess strong knowledge in server technology like HP Blade Enclosure C7000, BL620 servers,
- Cisco UCS chassis/Blade systems and HP Virtual Connect Flex10 as well as Dell M1000e Enclosure and Dell M160e.
- Develop and document operating practices and standards
- Advanced troubleshooting and incident resolution from storage/data backup perspective in concert with the external service provider (who will provide hands-on activities) and recommend continuous improvement actions.
- Evaluate the Root Cause Analysis documentation provided by the external service provider and follow up on the actions identified.
- Contribute to the company’s storage technology roadmaps in collaboration with the Enterprise Architects
- Evaluate emerging system and storage technologies.
- Perform all aspects of Monitoring, Capacity Planning, Performance tuning and Optimization, and Lifecycle (obsolescence) of Storage and virtualization infrastructure within the enterprise.
- Perform other duties as required.
Knowledge and Skills Requirements:
- Fluent verbal and written English communication skills required
- Demonstrates highly developed customer-focused skills
- Excellent relationship building skills, including the ability to develop and nurture productive relationships with IT peers and business colleagues
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with keen attention to detail
- Ability to work in fast-paced, rapidly changing environment
- Highly organized and detail oriented with the ability to plan and schedule work
- HP, Dell and similar server hardware and firmware
- Hyper Converged infrastructure hardware and software such as Nutanix, Vmware VSAN
- VMware and similar server virtualization such as Docker or other container technology and related management tools (Kubernetes)
- Knowledge of ITIL framework or similar models for IT workflow, DevOps culture, methodologies and technologies, Data privacy laws and practices
- Additional virtualization technologies, such as those for applications, networking and storage
- Server and cloud management solutions
- Orchestration and automation software stacks
- Automation programming and policies
- Operating systems, such as Microsoft Windows and RedHat Linux
- Amazon Web Services or similar public cloud environments
- Dell Compellent, EMC VNX and similar enterprise storage
- Robocopy, rsync and similar data replication solutions
- PowerShell, Perl, and other programming languages for automation
- Connected infrastructure, including networking, and external clouds
- Infrastructure services, such as LDAP, Active Directory, FTP, SQL databases and Citrix
Education, Work Experience, and Professional Certifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial and Systems Engineering, Operations Research, Computer Science, or other related technical degrees (e.g. Engineering, Mathematics) and 5-7 years’ experience or 10-12 years of relevant work experience
- Master’s degree in Systems Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Operations Research, MBA, MPH or other technical field is highly preferred.
- 7 to 10 years of experience with:
- Windows Server or Linux server operating systems
- Server hardware experience
- 5 to 7 years of data storage experience
- VMware VCP, MCSE or similar certifications are a plus
Work Environment / Physical Requirements:
- Primarily office environment, consistent computer use
- Ability to work extended hours as necessary.
- Light physical effort equal to frequent lifting or moving of lightweight materials.
TaylorMade Golf Company is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religious creed, color, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, pregnancy, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, military and veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance, or regulation.