Callaway Golf Company is a leader in total performance, premium golf equipment and active lifestyle products while also being a great place to work! We are passionate and push the limits of innovation. We dare to be great while acting with integrity and respect. We stay hungry, yet humble. All while having fun and making golf enjoyable for everyone!
Our company is a blend of experience and diverse backgrounds, and our leaders have a strong history of building and selling successful initiatives. We are working to build a truly groundbreaking company, and we want top-notch people to join us in that mission.
The Sr. Continuous Improvement Engineer will work in a team environment to identify, evaluate and resolve complex process issues, and manage the implementation of process controls through various Callaway locations and suppliers located domestically and internationally. In addition, the individual will create, track, and monitor performance objectives relating to the implementation of continuous improvement, efficiency, and productivity projects.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide technical knowledge and strategic guidance for continuous improvement team members and efforts aimed at increasing productivity and yields, ensuring key objectives and goals are met.
- Work to identify current process capabilities with respect to key product and process parameters.
- Implement appropriate Statistical Process Controls SPC and Statistical Quality Control SQC tools.
- Work with suppliers, R&D, Product and Quality Engineering to initiate effective Designed Experiments DOE.
- Lead high level projects designed to measurably reduce costs, improve performance and/or decrease lead times, reporting the status as necessary. These efforts include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Work with internal development groups to identify areas of potential cost/lead time savings on current and up-coming programs.
TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Self-starter that has the initiative to complete assignments without direct supervision.
- Able to effectively work as a part of a team toward meeting company goals.
- Moderate knowledge of MS Word, PowerPoint, Access, Minitab and Excel.
- Excellent knowledge of continuous improvement techniques is desired.
- Strong knowledge of Six Sigma, 5S, SPC, SQC and other process improvement and monitoring tools desired.
- Demonstrated excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Considers and understands financial impact of decisions.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Must show evidence of increasing responsibility with years of experience.
- Must be able to demonstrate a successful track record.
- Highly energetic, creative, logical with excellent communication skills.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- BS in Chemical/Manufacturing Engineering or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years experience demonstrating skills in the above duties.
- Project management experience
- Six Sigma Green Belt training preferred. Six Sigma Black Belt training ideal.
Callaway Golf is an Equal Opportunity Employer