Reporting to the Head of HR the HR Operations Manager will be responsible for providing leadership to the transactional, operational, and advisory HR generalist and payroll support areas. Ensuring all aspects of the colleague transactional life cycle are undertaken within contractual, policy and legislative frameworks.
The HR Operations Manager will be inquisitive to seek improvements and really enjoy driving positive change.
- Oversee the day to day HR operations for onboarding, HR advisory, pay and benefits, change of details, statutory time off and leaver activities, to ensure the service meets and exceeds the needs and expectations of users. Fostering a culture of process improvements in these areas.
- Ensuring all service and related process procedures are fully in place and continually evaluated for greater efficiency and a better colleague experience.
- Ensure all HR systems, documentation, processes and employees are legally compliant.
- Escalation point for advice, guidance and support to staff in relation to HR policies and procedures.
- Providing a seamless advisory service that provides effective solutions to a range of colleague issues ensuring a balance between individual and business needs.
- Assist the Head of HR in the management and delivery of appropriate projects that support the continuous development and improvement of the HR function.
- Ensure the effective maintenance and data integrity of all appropriate records, including HR systems and other databases. Develop and manage internal HR audit process to ensure legal compliance and efficient systems.
- Support the delivery and analysis of core HR activities on an ongoing basis e.g. exit interviews and those within the rolling annual programme e.g. annual performance reviews. Use data to monitor trends and make recommendations for improvements.
Payroll, compensation and benefits:
- Keep up to date with legislative developments in employment law and pay and benefits, reflecting these in processes and work with the Head of HR and HR Manager to update policies and procedures as required.
- Driving process consistency and efficiency throughout remuneration and benefit offering and implementing agreed payroll-related systems developments to benefit the department and Company e.g. process improvements and implementing legislative requirements.
- Support the Payroll supervisor in the:
Management of the payroll function to ensure all employees are paid accurately and on time
- Delivery and audit of pension processes
- Liaising with regulators including HMRC
- Cover the monthly payroll process if circumstances require it, including preparing and checking payroll data for input into payroll system, ensuring company payment rules are adhered to, updating the payroll system with starters, leavers and other changes also preparing employee payslips and dealing with any arising queries- Day to day operations of the payroll system (Pyramid) and liaising with the provider in respect of trouble shooting issues.
- Escalation point for any specialist advice on matters relating to payroll systems, procedures and pensions.
- Responsible for overseeing the administration, analysis and coordination of internal employee benefits schemes and programmes, making relevant recommendations based on analysis of data. Including company cars and grey fleet, salary sacrifice schemes, holiday purchase schemes, reward and recognition schemes and employee assistance programme.
- Support the delivery of core pay and benefits activities within the rolling annual programme e.g. gender pay reporting.
- Design and the delivery of payroll/rota optimisation training material and guidance to up-skill and support managers across the business.
- Design and delivery of internal benefits training material /presentations/onboarding sessions to ensure that existing and new employees gain an understanding of benefit plans and line management effectively utilise reward and recognition provisions.
- Contribute to annual audits programmes.
- Support the wider HR team on projects and initiatives as required.
- Providing legally compliant and best practice advice.
- Evaluate and make recommendations for changes and improvements to HR and payroll processes policies, procedures and systems
Skills/Knowledge and Experiences:
This role requires an individual with strong HR operations or shared service experience and payroll knowledge.
- Significant experience administering payroll, HR systems and benefits processes.
- Strong organisational and prioritisation skills are required.
- Ideally a Member of the Chartered Institute of Payroll Professionals CIPP or relevant payroll qualification.
- Practical knowledge of all aspects of payroll and pension processing.
- Ideally CIPD qualified.
- Previous line management experience and ability to lead, empower, motivate and create a positive inclusive team ethos.
- Strong excel skills.
- Commitment to continuous improvement and the achievement of expected objectives.
- Focus on quality of service delivery and customer satisfaction.
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills at all levels.
- Demonstrated knowledge and application of Payroll and HR Information Systems (Pyramid ideally)
What will you receive:
- 25 days holiday excluding bank holidays
- A day off to celebrate your Birthday!
- 25% staff discount
- Company bonus applicable
This is a fantastic opportunity to join Europe's Largest golf retailer and support our ongoing growth as a market leader. If you are interested in this position click below to apply!