American Golf is Europe's largest golf retailer with over 95 stores across the UK and Ireland. We recognise talent. For us, it’s all about loving what you do, whilst a passion for golf will be well received, it is more about the service and expertise we deliver as a business.
This role is within the HR team at our Retail Support Centre in Warrington and reports to the Head of HR.
The role of HR and Payroll Advisor is to deliver an accurate, efficient and compliant end to end payroll as well as a first-class HR experience for our colleagues. The role will support the Payroll Supervisor in the delivery of a quality payroll service, manage colleagues’ contractual changes and handle queries relating to pay, pensions, benefits and HR
As the HR & Payroll Advisor your responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring all employees are paid accurately and on time.
- Cover the main monthly payroll process if circumstances require it, including preparing and checking payroll data for input into the payroll system, ensuring company payment rules are adhered to, preparing employee payslips and submission of payroll returns to HMRC via Government Gateway
- Updating the payroll system with starters, leavers and other changes and dealing with any queries arising
- Time sheet and payroll data validation
- Processing SSP, SMP, salary sacrifice, deductions and auto-enrolment pension
- Day to day operations of the payroll system (Pyramid) and liaising with the provider in respect of troubleshooting issues.
- Administer time off and leave policies e.g., annual leave and sickness absence
- Payroll administration of benefits programs
- Maintain Payroll system and other internal/external databases implemented by HR and/or utilized by HR
- Compile reports from the database as requested, gathering and analysing information accurately.
- Recommends system design and process improvements based on efficiency of the current system and user needs. Support implementation of system improvements and software as required.
- Ensure pay and hours practices are legally compliant and consistent.
- Individual responsibility for processing payroll from start to finish for a group company
- Maintain and routinely audit time and attendance and payroll databases and processes.
- Provide advice on and carry out all essential HR employee lifecycle administration including sending out change of details/contract changes, statutory time off and leaver activities.
- Administer and assist with the analysis and coordination of internal employee benefits schemes and programmes, making relevant recommendations based on analysis of data e.g. salary sacrifice and holiday purchase schemes
- Support the wider HR team on projects and initiatives as required.
- First point of contact for HR-related telephone, email and postal enquiries. Providing commercially focused and timely responses to HR queries, through to completion, ensuring they are compliant to legislation and in line with all HR policies and procedures and American Golf’s objectives and values
As an HR & Payroll Advisor you will ideally have:
• Previous Payroll and HR experience preferably at Advisor level
• CIPP / Payroll management qualified or working towards.
• Strong Payroll / HRIS database management skills
• Experience of working in a fast-paced multi-site environment.
• Clear communication skills, ability to quickly influence and impact change.
• Excellent organisational skills and the ability to plan and manage time effectively.
• Highly numerate
• Highly confidential in all aspects of professional interaction
• Able to multi-task, tolerate peak workloads, ability to work independently and handle
several projects at a time.
• Excellent attention to detail
• Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
• Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office, in particular Excel.
• A great team player with a positive and can-do approach.
• Knowledge of Pyramid HR/Payroll an advantage.
What will you receive:
- 22 days holiday excluding bank holidays
- A day off to celebrate your Birthday!
- 25% staff discount
- Company bonus applicable
This is a fantastic opportunity to join Europe's Largest golf retailer and support our ongoing growth as a market leader. If you are interested in this position apply today!