At TaylorMade, we are committed to building the best teams – starting with passionate and innovative individuals. We are looking for an experienced HR Business Partner to join our team and help us continue to build. This role has an opportunity to support our unique corporate culture where employees are engaged and creative to evolve the business and drive results.
The HR Business Partner works with Executives and company leadership to strengthen employee and organizational capabilities. This role provides vital leadership in change management initiatives needed to support company culture and business strategies.
Essential Functions and Key Responsibilities:
- Advise and coach leaders within assigned business units to maximize effectiveness in managing people and organizational challenges.
- Partner with company leadership to understand the business unit’s priorities, initiatives, financial requirements, and organizational structures in order to identify opportunities and challenges with hiring, retaining, and growing talent.
- Work closely with leadership in structuring and developing teams to maximize performance and employee engagement. Analyze areas of opportunity for development and training designed to enhance employee skills to be best in class and foster a culture of creativity and innovation. Ensure consistency and fairness, as well as alignment with Company policy and culture to improve employee morale and productivity.
- Responsible for headcount management and oversight within business units to align with Annual Operating Plan. Along with leadership, strategize to determine best utilization of open headcount based on business strategy.
- Establish credibility throughout the organization of people management using deep employee relations skills. Coach employees on various human resources matters including employee relations, performance management, employment law compliance, policy interpretation, compensation and benefits and recruitment support.
- Partner with business units on organizational design strategies. Involved in all aspects of reorganizations, including communications, timing, employee changes and transitions.
- Lead the Talent Strategy function within business units, including programs, policies, practices and objectives for the company that will provide an employee-oriented, high performance culture that emphasizes empowerment, quality and productivity.
- Directly responsible for performance management, employee/management counseling and conflict resolution. Manages oversight of investigations and employee care initiatives.
- Partner with Total Rewards teams to analyze trends/metrics to develop strategies, reward systems and programs that support business needs.
- Provide guidance to managers on talent and succession management. In connection with talent acquisition, build internal and external pipelines of high caliber, diverse talent to meet the needs of the business with regards to recruiting, succession and workforce planning.
- Performs other related duties and assignments as required
Education, Training, Professional Certification and Work Experience:
- 7 - 10 years progressive Human Resources experience with strong capabilities and experience including employee relations, organizational development or performance management
- BS/BA degree Human Resources Management, Human Resource Development or Business Administration
- Human Resources certifications (PHR or SPHR) preferred
- Experience developing creative, effective approaches to complex human resources challenges
- Experience partnering with business leaders at a senior level and driving growth and profitability
Knowledge and Skills Requirements
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and coaching skills. Ability to listen and provide meaningful counsel and coaching to business leaders, peers, and colleagues
- Demonstrated success with influencing senior leadership in relation to people and team matters
- Ability to evaluate organizations, identify themes and work with leaders in order to identify HR solutions in order to increase effectiveness
- Advanced problem solving and analytical skills. Ability to exercise high judgment, particularly in narrow timeframes
- Ability to create an atmosphere where employees feel free to express concerns and suggestions. Must be able to actively listen, provide empathy, and maintain objectivity
Work Environment / Physical Requirements
- Normal office conditions, heavy computer use
- Occasional travel required
- Ability to work extended hours as necessary
- Light physical effort equal to frequent lifting or moving of lightweight materials
TaylorMade Golf Company is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religious creed, color, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, pregnancy, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, military and veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance, or regulation.