Job was saved successfully.
Job was removed from Saved Jobs.
Peninsula Golf & Country Club in Millsboro, DE is excited to announce the career opportunity of Sous Chef. Qualified candidates will thrive in a hospitality environment and be highly focused on providing superior service.
Now seeking an energetic and passionate Sous Chef looking to take the next step in their culinary career. This rare opportunity is full-time year-round with competitive hourly wages. Plus an impressive benefit package including full med/den/vis. insurance, paid time off, holiday pay, 401k with company match and more!
Essential Job Responsibilities includes:
• Oversees and manages food preparation for a specific area of the kitchen (i.e. restaurant line, banquets, shifts). Supervises and ensures production of consistently high quality food.
• Adheres to established control procedures for cost and quality such as food production charts, par inventories, standardized recipes, use records, food costing sheets, etc. Ensures all recipes are followed and prepared on a consistent basis.
• Monitors and checks the maintenance of all kitchen equipment daily.
• Maintains a quality sanitation program.
• Maintains and implements daily food prep lists.
• Assists Executive Chef with the ordering of all food products.
• Assigns duties to associates for efficient operation of the kitchen.
• Maintains and evaluates existing food concepts. Assists in the development of new food concepts.
• Assists in the achievement of budgetary objectives for the Food and Beverage Department.
• Process requisitions for supplies quickly and accurately.
• Promotes effective communication among the operational departments that interact with the kitchen such as Banquets, Restaurant and Snack Bar.
• Trains and supervises associates in the proper preparation of menu items and operation of equipment.
• Ensures proper receiving, storage (including temperature setting) and rotations of food products so as to comply with health department regulations.
• Assists the department manager in interviewing, training, planning and assigning work.
• Make recommendations when hiring, evaluating performance, rewarding, and disciplining associates.
• Addresses complaints and resolves problems.
• Assists in the coordination of department members that may include, but is not limited to: Cooks and Stewards.
• Regular and reliable attendance.
• Performs other duties as required.
Scottsdale, Arizona, United States
Strategic solutions for today’s golf businesses. Troon started as one facility in 1990 and has since grown to become the world’s largest professional club management company. We provide services to 595+ locations and 645+ golf courses, while also managing various amenities, such as tennis, aquatics, fitness, food & beverage, lodging and more. We have grown our company by listenin...