This job is archived
Essential Functions of the Job
- Performs necessary clean up and sanitation procedures for the food preparation and storage facilities. Ensures that all assigned work areas and related equipment are maintained at the highest level of cleanliness and sanitation.
- Washes all wares to include but not limited to cooking utensils, china, kitchen equipment, flatware and glassware in the dishwashing machine or by hand.
- Collects trash from kitchen areas; empties garbage barrels, washes and re-lines garbage barrels with new bags. Checks for and retrieves silverware, dishes and glassware from garbage receptacles.
- Distributes food and beverage products and supplies throughout the kitchen.
- Ensures that assigned work areas and all equipment meet and exceed state and federal standards of sanitation.
- Sweeps and mops kitchen floors; properly indicates hazardous areas due to damp or slippery floor surfaces.
- Stores all dishes and other wares in proper areas. Maintains proper storage for all china, glass and silver throughout the day.
- Cleans dishwashing machine after each meal period and/or in accordance with established guidelines.
- Adheres to state and federal health and safety regulations and sanitation guidelines.
- Receives and stores food and beverage supplies, and related materials in accordance with established procedures and safety guidelines.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists with the cleaning and polishing of silverware and silver service as necessary.
- Assists the Director of Culinary Operations in maintaining the security and safety in the kitchen.
- Supports the kitchen operations by providing assistance with basic culinary preparations and food production as needed.
- Performs all other duties deemed by management to be an integral part of the job.
Qualifications (required unless stated otherwise):
- Knowledge of federal and state sanitation guidelines
- Basic knowledge of a professional kitchen layout
- Minimum one year experience as a dishwasher or utility worker preferred
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Possess a valid driver’s license and/or successfully completes the Club’s internal motor vehicle training program
The work environment characteristics described herein are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Work for this position is usually performed in a climate-controlled environment. However, the employee may be required to work outside in extreme heat, cold, rain, wind or inclement weather as the demands of the position so dictate.
Positions at Augusta National Golf Club require a COVID-19 vaccination. Applicants who are offered a position will be asked their vaccination status which will be considered in accordance with applicable law.
Projected Work Schedule:
Must be available for a varying work schedule to include days, evenings, weekends, holidays, and overtime as required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to talk and/or hear. The employee is occasionally required to drive a golf cart. The employee is frequently required to lift up to 40 pounds. While performing the duties of this job the employee is constantly required to use hands and fingers to handle or lift items. The employee is constantly required to stand and walk, climb or balance, and stoop, kneel, crouch, or reach with hands and arms. The employee is also constantly required to use their vision to perform an activity such as but not limited to determining the accuracy, neatness, and thoroughness of the work assigned.
Augusta National Golf Club offers*:
- Competitive overall compensation package
- Employee engagement activities and recognition events
- Years of Service awards
- Variety of benefits coverage options
- 401(k) retirement plans
- Pension Plan (paid by employer)
- Wellness Program
- Paid Holidays
*Based upon employee eligibility