The Clubs at St. James in Southport, NC is excited to announce the exceptional career of opportunity of Chef de Cuisine. Qualified candidates will thrive in a hospitality environment and be highly focused on providing superior service.
Key Responsibilities of the Chef de Cuisine:
• Ensures proper preparation of menu items.
• Inspects, selects and uses only the freshest fruits, vegetables, meats, fish, fowl and other food products in order to maintain the highest standard in the preparation of all menu items.
• Writes, maintains and updates all menu specifications, recipes and pictures, and production forecasts.
• Prepares requisitions for supplies and food items for production.
• Observes production flow and make adjustments in order to adhere to control procedures for cost and quality.
• Ensures proper receiving, storage (including temperature setting) and rotation of food products in compliance with health department regulations, including coverage, labeling, dating and placing items in proper containers of kitchen and service.
• Monitors that all equipment in the kitchen is clean and in proper working condition. Identifies need for repairs and ensures that repairs are made in a timely manner.
• Responsible for interviewing, hiring, training, planning, assigning, and directing work, evaluating performance, rewarding, and disciplining associates; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
• Manages department members that may include, but is not limited to: Chefs and Cooks.
• Assures that effective orientation and training are given to each new associate. Develops ongoing training programs.
• Monitors business volume forecast and plans accordingly in areas of manpower, productivity, costs and other expenses.
• Incorporates safe work practices in job performance.
• Performs other duties as required.
Minimum Qualifications for the Chef de Cuisine:
• Associates degree plus six months to one year experience in supervising high volume facilities.
• Experience in à la carte and banquets preferred
• Must have Food Safety and Applicable Sanitation Training.
• Regular and reliable attendance.
• Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
• Life Insurance
• Disability Insurance
• Paid Time Off
• Pre-paid Legal