This job is archived
Northamptonshire County Golf Club is the premier golf course in Northamptonshire and has a proud history dating back to 1909. A long-standing championship venue, County currently hosts The Open - Regional Qualifying. We have over 950 members and welcome 5000 + visitors each year, therefore our Food & Beverage operation plays a central role in delivering a first-class member and visitor experience.
An amazing opportunity has arisen for an experienced Head Chef to join our restaurant team.
The Head Chef will be responsible for the management of the Club’s food operation, team development and the upkeep of the kitchen area. The role is varied and ultimately carries the responsibility for a busy bar menu, member social functions and visitor events.
The Head Chef will need to demonstrate considerable knowledge and experience in all associated skills including menu development, people management, interpersonal skills with a desire to lead by example. The role requires a flexible working attitude with a hands-on approach to successfully manage a 7-day a week operation.
- Controlling and directing the food preparation process
- Managing and working closely with other team members
- Creating menu items, recipes, costings and developing dishes ensuring variety and quality
- Determining food inventory needs, stocking, and ordering
- Ultimately responsible for ensuring the kitchen meets all regulations including sanitary and food safety guidelines
- Being responsible for health and safety
- Being responsible for food hygiene practices
- Working to standard operating procedures outlined by the line manager
- To effectively manage the kitchen team including to staff inductions, performance and embed the Club’s values within the team and lead by example.
- Instil a training culture within the F&B team to ensure succession planning, and a culture that exceeds the very best the industry has to offer.
- To roster staff accordingly as per the demands of the members and visitors, taking into account seasonal variations.
- Excellent knowledge of food preparation and development
- Ability to produce excellent high-quality food
- Good communication skills
- Team management skills
- High level of attention to detail
- Good level of numeracy
- Enthusiasm to develop your own skills and knowledge plus those around you
- Adaptability to change and willingness to embrace new ideas and processes
- Positive and approachable manner
- Team player qualities
- City & Guilds 706/1 | 706/2 Catering or NVQ equivalent
- Level 1 & 2 Food Safety Awards
- Level 2 Health and Safety in the Workplace Award
- Awareness of COSHH and chemical safety
- Allergen training
What we offer:
- Support from a great team
- Space to develop and grow
- Competitive salary
- 40 hours per week
- Bonus, linked to performance
- Company pension
- Professional Development support
- Life Insurance
- Golf membership
- Subsidised meals
How to apply:
Please send a current CV and cover letter explaining why you would like the job.
To apply to this role please click APPLY now.