The Assistant Manager role is designed to support the OM in the smooth running of the food & beverage operation at the club. When required this will include leadership of the front-of-house catering team, for a sizeable scale, busy and seasonal venue, and development of the business in line with overall company objectives.
• Supporting the OM to lead a flexible team, with a ‘hands-on’ approach, including part-time, casual and seasonal staff, and managing staffing levels to meet labour percentage targets.
• In the absence of the OM (holiday or rota cover) to lead the F&B team in normal day-to-day duties
• Supporting the OM with recruitment, induction and training ensuring that all data gathered from the process is compliant with legislative requirements.
• Supporting the OM to ensure that staff are compliant with the procedures in the employee handbook.
• Working in conjunction with the OM to develop rolling business development plans for the golf club in line with sales targets.
• Developing new ideas for trial at the golf club such as trialing new food offers.
• Being able to implement tailored offers that address seasonal variations in the trade.
• Working with management team to ensure that marketing plans are put into place to support events, which may include management of social media and review sites.
• Developing and managing professional working relationships with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders, ranging from customers, local businesses and suppliers.
• When in charge of a trading session, managing staff to ensure the appropriate levels of customer satisfaction and making sure that staff are trained to deliver fantastic customer service.
• When required, managing the cleaning team to ensure that all customer areas are maintained to a satisfactory standard. This includes golf areas within the clubhouse and surrounds.
• When in charge of a trading session, acting as an escalation point for any customer complaints or issues and working to ensure their swift and satisfactory resolution.
Operating Standards and Compliance
• Support the OM to achieve Key Performance Indicator targets, to include sales turnover, profit, stock control and desired percentage margins on food and drink.
• Support the OM to ensure that all Health and Safety, Licensing and industry legislative requirements are met – ranging from Health and Safety and Food Safety in the food operation, through to cellar keeping and Health and Safety for customers in the venue.
• Completing relevant training in areas such as Health and Safety, Cellar Management, Food Safety, and other business critical areas.
• As required by the OM, reconciliation of transactions in the till system, and ongoing monitoring of the system to check for any anomalies.
• Implementing procedures to ensure the full adherence to the company Cash Handling and Security procedures on-site.
Educational Requirements, Skills and Experience Required
• The post-holder must be or become a Personal License Holder
• Educated to at least A-Level standard or equivalent
• A familiarity with IT software packages, including MS Office, (including Word, Excel and Powerpoint)
• Ideally, previous commercial experience of working in a similar role, within a manged operation, with a demonstrable track record of success in achieving targets.
• Ability to provide leadership, with the ability to adopt a hands-on approach and lead by example
• Knowledge of all relevant Health and Safety and legislative requirements