The Operations Manager role encompasses leadership of the food & beverage team, operations management for a sizeable scale, busy and seasonal venue, and development of the business in line with overall company objectives.
• Leading a flexible team, with a ‘hands-on’ approach, including part-time, casual and seasonal staff, and managing staffing levels to meet labour percentage targets.
• Organising staff rotas and ensuring that the business has adequate staff cover at all times.
• Working with the General Manager to implement and manage recruitment, induction, training and staff retention processes; including co-ordination of candidate selection, carrying out competency based interviews, supporting employee inductions and liaison the General manager to ensure that all data gathered from the process is compliant with legislative requirements.
• Providing staff with training in the company Codes of Conduct, and Policies documented in the employee handbook, and making sure that staff are compliant with these procedures.
• Supporting the General Manager with processes such as Disciplinary, Grievance and Capability, and ensuring that all associated documentation is fully compliant with requirements.
• Working in conjunction with the General Manager to create and implement rolling business development plans for the golf club, with built-in monthly and quarterly reviews, to set and meet sales targets.
• Carrying out ongoing review of the concept for the golf club, including specific initiatives such as trialling new food offers.
• Being able to implement tailored offers that address seasonal variations in the trade.
• Working with management team to ensure that marketing plans are put into place to support events, which may include management of social media and review sites.
• Developing and managing professional working relationships with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders, ranging from customers, local businessesand suppliers.
• Managing staff to ensure the appropriate levels of customer satisfaction andmaking sure that staff are trained to deliver fantastic customer service.
• Managing the cleaning team to ensure that all customer areas are maintained to a satisfactory standard. This includes golf areas within the clubhouse and surrounds.
• Acting as an escalation point for any customer complaints or issues and working to ensure their swift and satisfactory resolution.
Operating Standards and Compliance
• Leading the operation to achieve Key Performance Indicator targets, to include sales turnover, profit, stock control and desired percentage margins on food and drink.
• Monitoring costs and budgets for the food and beverage business and identifying cost savings where possible.
• Ensuring that all Health and Safety, Licensing and industry legislative requirements are met – ranging from Health and Safety and Food Safety in the food operation, through to cellar keeping and Health and Safety for customers in the venue.
• Completing relevant training in areas such as Health and Safety, Cellar Management, Food Safety, and other business critical areas.
• Reconciliation of transactions in the till system, and ongoing monitoring of the system to check for any anomalies.
• Implementing procedures to ensure the full adherence to the company Cash Handling and Security procedures on-site.
Ad Hoc and Additional Duties and Responsibilities
• From time to time, additional duties may be required, determined by business need, that do not fall within the parameters of this job description.
• In addition, this job description may be revised and amended, in conjunction with the post-holder, according to, business need.
• Flexibility. evening and weekend working are a pre-requisite of the role.
Educational Requirements, Skills and Experience Required
• The post-holder must be a Personal License Holder, and be in possession of a full clean UK Driving License
• Educated to at least A-Level standard or equivalent
• A good degree of competency and familiarity with IT software packages,including MS Office, (including Word, Excel and Powerpoint), with previous experience of Epos systems.
• Previous industry relevant training in areas such as Food Safety, Health and Safety, Team Management, HR and Employment Law (desirable but not essential).
• Previous commercial experience of working in a similar role, within a manged operation, with a demonstrable track record of success in achieving targets.
• Thorough knowledge of planning and leading food and wet operations, including stock control.
• Robust and up to date knowledge of Cellar Management
• Previous experience of staff management, including a good working knowledge of HR policies and procedures such as Disciplinary, Grievance and Performance Management, in addition to providing training and coaching.
• Ability to demonstrate strong leadership, with the ability to adopt a hands-on approach and lead by example
• In-depth knowledge of all relevant Health and Safety and legislative requirements
• Previous experience of managing a customer-facing operation, with the ability to implement a high standard customer experience and resolve problems swiftly.