Sterling Grove Golf and Country Club in Surprise, AZ is excited to announce the exceptional career opportunity of Assistant Food and Beverage Manager. Qualified candidates will thrive in a hospitality environment and be highly focused on providing superior service.
Key Responsibilities of the Assistant Food and Beverage Manager:
• Sets and implement schedules for the restaurant, banquet and beverage cart departments.
• Manages and assists in the ordering of all alcohol beverages, maintains liquor pour cost, implements recipes and retail pricing of product.
• Works closely with the kitchen to ensure expedient ticket times, excellent food quality and proper plate presentation.
• Assists in the completion of all month end inventories to include the kitchen, bars, and beverage cart.
• Assists the Food and Beverage Manager with budget development and cost analysis.
• Assists in the marketing of the restaurant and catering departments, both internal and external.
• Assists in the managing the floor of all banquet events.
• Manages table service standards for both banquets and the restaurant.
• Promotes and implements all Troon Golf standards, procedures and policies.
• Responsible for interviewing, hiring, training, planning, assigning, and directing work, evaluating performance, rewarding, and disciplining associates; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
• Manages department members that may include, but is not limited to: Restaurant Manager, Catering Manager, Executive Chef, Host, Set Up Staff, Cooks, Servers.
• Assures that effective orientation and training are given to each new associate. Develops ongoing training programs and tests for comprehension.
• Monitors business volume forecast and plans accordingly in areas of manpower, productivity, costs and other expenses.
• Incorporates safe work practices in job performance.
• Performs other duties as required.
Minimum Qualifications for the Assistant Food and Beverage Manager:
• Associate’s degree (AA); or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Regular and reliable attendance.
• Food Safety and Applicable Sanitation Training, Alcohol Awareness Training.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and POS systems.