Pine Canyon Club in Flagstaff, AZ is excited to announce the exceptional career opportunity of Director of Food and Beverage. Qualified candidates will thrive in a hospitality environment and be highly focused on providing superior service to this full service resort managed by Troon.
Key Responsibilities of the Director of Food and Beverage:
• Facilitates the development of creative solutions to overcome obstacles and ensures implementation.
• Demonstrates a passion and understanding of company goals, concepts, practices and procedures.
• Exercise the ability to attract, coach, train and retain talent and a genuine passion to develop.
• Manages all facets of the food and beverage operation including safety & sanitation, financial responsibility, staffing, etc.
• Prepares and monitors annual budget, revenue goals and the expenses for the Food and Beverage department as well as generating various (weekly, monthly etc.) business volume forecasts and planning accordingly.
• Reviews and analyzes various financial results/reports to monitor overall Food and Beverage performance and take any corrective actions that may be needed.
• Monitors market conditions that impact menu offerings, business volume, and profitability.
• Executes inventory control and calculation for monthly analysis and reconciliation. Identifies opportunities to control food costs and other expenses.
• Participates with the Chef, Food and Beverage Managers and Catering Managers in the creation of menus to entice variety of appetites including restaurant and banquets while incorporating a menu pricing structure that will support the bottom line goals.
• Directs ordering amounts, timing of orders, receiving, invoice settlement and accuracy, storage temperatures in all areas.
• Continually researches vendor opportunities, pricing, service, and evaluates vendor relationships to the benefit of the facility.
• Approves catering policies and pricing; may carry out planning, production and closure of all events.
• Implements policies and procedures for the Food and Beverage department including compliance of company standards relating to quality of products and services.
• Responsible for interviewing, hiring, training, planning, assigning, and directing work, evaluating performance, rewarding, and disciplining associates; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
• Manages department members that may include, but is not limited to: Assistant Director of Food and Beverage, Restaurant Manager, Catering Manager, Executive Chef.
• Maintains high levels of service, organization, leadership, product, with consistency in both product and overall standards.
Minimum Qualifications for the Director of Food and Beverage:
• Bachelor’s degree (BA) from four-year college or university; minimum 3-5 years of Director of Food and Beverage experience and experience working for a private country club; or equivalent combination of education or experience.
• Must have strong wine knowledge.
• Regular and reliable attendance.
• Knowledge of accepted sanitation standards and applicable health codes.