This job is archived
We are currently recruiting for a Food & Beverage Assistant to join the team at High Legh Park Golf Club. You will provide a warm, friendly and efficient food and beverage service to all our guests, ensuring exceptional service standards are delivered and always maintained in line with our guest expectations.
This Traineeship work experience is part of an education and training programme that is focused on giving young people the skills and experience that employers are looking for. At its core is the Work Preparation training, English and maths for those who need it, and a high-quality work experience placement.
Traineeships help unlock your great potential and give you the work preparation training, maths, English, Digital Skills and work experience needed to get an Apprenticeship or other job.
This Traineeship Opportunity is unwaged.
Are you eligible?
- Are you currently not in a job? Do you have little or no work experience?
- Are you aged 16 to 24 and qualified below Level 4?
A traineeship is a skills development programme that includes a work placement. It can last from 6 to 20 weeks depending on your existing qualifications. Our tutors follow you across your program so that you can complete functional skills (math & English if needed) and other professional qualification.
The Traineeship is aimed to give you CV and Interview Skills, real work experience with an employer, and an employer reference at the end of your placement.
You will train and work in various hotel departments, supporting colleagues and management to achieve our Mission according to our Values.
A traineeship is a course with work experience that gets you ready for work or an apprenticeship. It can last up to 12 months.
You can apply if you’re:
- eligible to work in England
- unemployed and have little or no work experience
- aged 16 to 24 and qualified below Level 4
- a work experience placement
- help with English and maths (if you need it)
You won’t be paid, but you may be given expenses for things like travel and meals.
What you will be doing as our Food and Beverage Assistant:
- Ensure that guests are seated and provided with menus promptly.
- Ensure that all guests’ requests and queries are responded to promptly and effectively and an exceptional service is always delivered to guests.
- Familiarise yourself with the menu and as much information about the food and beverage offering available.
- Take food and beverage orders and ensure that orders are communicated to the kitchen and bar promptly and accurately.
- Ensure an efficient and safe delivery of all food and beverage orders in line with guest expectations ensuring an exceptional level of service is always maintained.
- Set up, clear and promptly service tables after use to ensure that guests can be seated in a timely manner.
- Ensure the restaurant areas are clean and well always presented and assist with cleaning and housekeeping duties as required.
- Deal with guest complaints in a friendly and efficient manner, always ensuring guest satisfaction and ensure that any guest complaints and comments are reported to management.
- Ensure all cash, charge, float and till procedures are carried out in line with agreed company procedures.
About our Food and Beverage Assistant:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with a confident and outgoing personality and an ability to interact with people at all levels.
- Ability to take initiative and resolve queries in a practical and positive manner.
- Good attention to detail.
- Ability to work under pressure and juggle competing priorities in a busy, fast pace and challenging environment
- Passion for delivering exceptional guest service.
- Courteous and pleasant attitude towards guests and colleagues
- Ability to work as part of a team.