The full time Executive Sous Chef opening at Pine Canyon Club is an amazing opportunity to serve on a dynamic management team at an exclusive private country club located in Flagstaff, Arizona. We are searching for a self-driven, hospitality focused, hands-on leader who is passionate about expanding their craft and exceeding member expectations. This position will work closely with our Culinary Director and provide technical, creative and administrative support in the clubhouse restaurant, multi outlets, and banquet operations. Our mission statement is simple, “to make people happy.”
Pine Canyon Club is located in Flagstaff, Arizona, at nearly 7,000 feet above sea level. Located two hours north of Phoenix, Flagstaff offers a mild four- season climate, which is typically 25 degrees cooler than Phoenix at any time of year. Pine Canyon Club is situated on a 600 plus acre private community with over 700 home sites, surrounded by the Coconino National Forest. Pine Canyon’s amenities include a championship 18-hole Jay Morrish designed golf course, 2018 remodeled golf practice areas, 35,000-square-foot Clubhouse, pro golf shop, private dining room, full service restaurant, converted railway car with kitchen/dining at the turn, winter- climate controlled skating rink, cocktail lounge, 1,700- bottle wine room, spa, men’s and women’s lounges with lockers, game tables, whirlpool and steam rooms, exclusive Club Cabin rentals. Trout Creek Park offers barbecue grills and a lake stocked with Rainbow Trout for catch-and-release fishing. Camp Pine Canyon provides summer recreational facilities for members with two Category 4- hard tennis courts, new basketball and volleyball courts, patio dining, lap pool, water slide, water features and children’s games.
Pine Canyon is a private mountain retreat that creates memorable moments to last a lifetime.
Key Responsibilities of the Executive Sous Chef:
• Supervises food preparation, cost quality, quantity inventories, portion control menu planning, recipes and testing of samples submitted by purchasing department; assist in planning monthly kitchen budget.
• Oversees job methods and cooking standards to maintain a high quality of food and service.
• Develops standard recipes for all dishes to ensure proper portion control, uniformity of taste and quality; test new products on the market, recipes and formulas.
• Develops new cooking methods for improvement of cuisine; maintain contact with other chefs and visits other kitchens to keep abreast of new development of food and equipment.
• Assists with interviewing and hiring of applicants for employment; along with training program; and assist with the set up work schedules and job requirements.
• Assists in preparing inventories, budget forecast and may revise work schedules for each week; report on daily payrolls overtime, absenteeism and accidents.’
• Completes market lists; assists in the ordering of necessary items and inspect such foods as meat, fish and vegetables received from markets.
• Assists line cooks during peak hours.
• Works with other departments to coordinate special functions and outings. Regular and reliable attendance.
• Incorporates safe work practices in job performance.
Minimum Qualifications for the Executive Sous Chef:
• Associates Degree; and two to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination and experience.
• Proven Management of Food & Beverage Kitchen Operations..
• Must have Food Safety and Sanitation Training.
• Possesses knowledge of accepted sanitation standards and applicable health codes.