Troon Country Club in Scottsdale, AZ is excited to announce the exceptional career opportunity of Executive Sous Chef. Qualified candidates will thrive in a hospitality environment and be highly focused on providing superior service.
Key Responsibilities of the Executive Sous Chef:
• Oversees all food production operations at the facility and ensures the production of consistently high quality food for all the restaurant outlets.
• Implements and maintains control procedures within the department, including daily food production charts, steak inventory and seafood charts, standardized recipes, use records, food costing sheets.
• Creates, maintains and updates menu specifications, recipes and pictures, and production forecasts.
• Maintains and evaluates existing food concepts as well as the developing of new ones to ensure the highest quality of food and profitability.
• Inspects, selects and uses only the freshest fruits, vegetables, meats, fish, fowl and other food products in order to maintain the highest standard in the preparation of all menu items.
• Participates in long and short-term goals to achieve budgetary objectives for the Food and Beverage department.
• Maintains a quality sanitation program in all areas.
• Monitors to ensure proper receiving, storage (including temperature setting) and rotation of food products so as to comply with Health Department regulations.
• Prepares requisitions for supplies and food items for production.
• Monitors all equipment in the kitchen to ensure cleanliness and proper working condition.
• Selects, trains and supervises kitchen staff in the proper preparation of menu items, equipment operation and safety measures.
• Responsible for interviewing, hiring, training, planning, assigning, and directing work, evaluating performance, rewarding, and disciplining associates; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
• Manages department members that may include, but is not limited to: Cooks and Stewards.
• Assures that effective orientation and training are given to each new associate. Develops ongoing training programs.
• Monitors business volume forecast and plans accordingly in areas of manpower, productivity, costs and other expenses.
• Incorporates safe work practices in job performance.
• Regular and reliable attendance.
• Performs other duties as required.
Minimum Qualifications for the Executive Sous Chef:
• Associate’s degree (AA) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or two to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Must have Food Safety and Sanitation Training.
• Possesses knowledge of accepted sanitation standards and applicable health codes.