Woodland Hills Country Club in Woodland Hills, CA is excited to announce the exceptional career opportunity of Executive Chef. Qualified candidates will thrive in a hospitality environment and be highly focused on providing superior service.
Key Responsibilities of the Executive Chef:
• Manages all major Food and Beverage Kitchen operating expenses, set margins and manages against projections.
• Creates theme menus, ideas for ice sculptures, decorations, banquets and special events.
• Directs ordering amounts, inventory levels, timing of orders, receiving, invoice settling, and equipment maintenance.
• Inspects, selects and uses only the freshest fruits, vegetables, meats, fish, fowl and other food products in order to maintain the highest standard in the preparation of all menu items.
• Maintains quality of food products and ensures consistency in food delivery and standards.
• Measures effectiveness of the Food and Beverage Kitchen department through the Food and Beverage profit and service performance of the facility.
• Creates recipes and support materials, such as recipe cards, descriptions, and/or pictures.
• Ensures that a quality sanitation program is followed throughout the Kitchen operation.
• Ensures proper monitoring of storage (including temperature setting) and rotation of food products to comply with Health Department regulations.
• Responsible for interviewing, hiring, training, planning, assigning, and directing work, evaluating performance, rewarding, and disciplining associates; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
• Manages department members that may include, but is not limited to: Chefs, Cooks, Stewards.
• Assures that effective orientation and training are given to each new associate. Develops ongoing training programs.
• Monitors business volume forecast and plans accordingly in areas of manpower, productivity, costs and other expenses.
• Responsible for implementing and maintaining excellent service to achieve guest satisfaction.
• Incorporates safe work practices in job performance.
• Regular and reliable attendance.
• Performs other duties as required.
Minimum Qualifications for the Executive Chef:
• Associate’s degree (AA) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or two to three years experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Must have Food Safety and Sanitation Training.
• Possesses knowledge of accepted sanitation standards and applicable health codes.