The Clubs at St. James in Southport, NC is excited to announce the exceptional career opportunity of Executive Sous Chef. Qualified candidates will thrive in a hospitality environment and be highly focused on providing superior service to the clubs managed by Troon.
$200 signing bonus! Year round work.
As a leader of the culinary team, the Executive Sous Chef fosters a culture that consistently Creates Opportunities to Exceed Member Experiences through outstanding food and beverage occasions across all dining areas.
• Ensure delivery of exceptional culinary experience to membership and guests across all areas of The Clubs at St. James Plantation, at all times
• Assists in identifying, recruiting and retaining best in class culinary leadership to deliver Memorable. Member. Moments. as part of every food and beverage experience at St. James.
• Ensures excellence in culinary execution through ongoing, measurable development, training and advancement of all food and beverage (F&B) team members.
• Inspires the entire culinary team and drives accountability for ongoing creativity, innovation and improvement of food and beverage product and experiences by all culinary leaders
• Is a lead face of the St. James culinary brand and drives member engagement by maintaining the highest level of personal visibility throughout the Clubs. The Executive Sous Chef takes personal ownership of ensuring members’ and their guests’ delight in all dining experiences. The Executive Sous Chef actively seeks opportunities to personally and directly addresses members’ and their guests’ feedback related to their dining experiences. The EC personally communicates, oversees and follows through on service recoveries, as appropriate.
• Ensures all culinary management maximizes opportunities for execution of signature experiences as outlined in the food and beverage outlet Journey Maps
• Sets standards for, and ensures accountability of, all systems to achieve the highest level of quality, consistency and controls across all culinary operations to include, but not limited to:
o Food safety and cleanliness across all food and beverage areas to exceed sanitation regulations and follow industry best practices
o Financial and cost controls to ensure achievement of budgetary objectives
o Training systems to drive operational success and team growth
o Recipes to ensure food consistency and streamline training
o Operational systems to support oversight and measurement of culinary operations by culinary management team
o Labor management to ensure proper staffing levels to drive consistency and achieve budgetary objectives
o Procurement systems to ensure the highest standards of ingredient quality, food safety and eliminate out of stocks
• Oversees and actively reviews all scheduling for all outlets
• Assists in creating Theme menus, decorations, banquets and special events
• Creates recipes and support material, such as recipe cards, descriptions, and/or pictures.
• Attends weekly meetings for banquets and assists Chefs with upcoming events, scheduling and a la carte service
• Schedules monthly meeting with Food and Beverage team at each location to review past month progress and upcoming challenges
• Creates menus, oversight and execution of club events.
• Oversees all Chef de Cuisines’ compliance with St. James and Troon human resource, corporate and facility requirements and policies
• Functions as a collaborative and fully-engaged member of the Management team at St. James, attending weekly meeting and reporting on restaurants
• Works with Executive Chef on recruiting all back of the house postions.
• Seeks out, and provides, constructive, critical feedback from, and to, senior management teammates to foster ongoing personal and operational improvement across the food and beverage organization. Uses feedback to drive measurable improvement.
• Supports and collaborates on development and presentation of monthly and periodic reporting
• Supports and collaborates on annual budget development
• Supports and collaborate on short and long-term capital planning
• Works with club management to develop and implement new and revised food and beverage concept
• Seeks opportunities for personal and professional growth through ongoing learning opportunities, inspirations and exposure to culinary trends to position St. James at the forefront of the food and beverage industry
• Proactively works with Human Resources and F&B leadership to ensure proper staffing structure at all times, across all culinary operations
• Leads culinary management team to promote team members from within the culinary team
• Work with Troon leadership to identify and encourage culinary team member’s advancement and promotional opportunities throughout the Troon organization through constant succession planning and team development
• Is an active, engaged participant in the culinary and local community to foster visibility and prestige of the St. James food and beverage organization
• Oversees and ensures compliance of all regulations pertaining to culinary operations
• Provides direct oversight, development, feedback and performance evaluations for the Chef de Cuisines’
• Additional tasks as seen as appropriate to drive Member and guest delight or as assigned
• 2-3 years in a similar position
• BA or AoS in Culinary arts / Hospitality management
• Elite Club experience preferred
• Must be ServSafe Food Certified
• Ability to read and speak English may be required in order to perform the duties of the job
• Functional computer knowledge (purchasing/cost control systems, POS, MS word and excel)
• Life Insurance
• Disability Insurance
• Paid Time Off
• Pre-paid Legal