Esplanade Golf & Country Club in Naples, FL is excited to announce the exceptional career opportunity of Executive Sous Chef. Qualified candidates will thrive in a hospitality environment and be highly focused on providing an exceptional culinary experience.
This bundled community nestled on 600 acres just north of Immokalee Road, this gated enclave of 1,184 detached villas, condominiums and single-family homes brings a touch of the Mediterranean to Southwest Florida with regional-inspired architecture, lush landscaping, serene lakes, and fabulous resort-style amenities that including the recently added Culinary Center.
The golf course was originally designed by Chris Wilczynski, a partner and design associate with Arthur Hills/Steve Forrest and Associates for nearly 20 years. He teamed with Arthur Hills to complete approximately 20 golf course design projects ranging from upscale public, private and resort courses to residential golf communities and golf renovation projects. Chris' professional background and experience allow him to provide golf course architectural design and consulting to the entire golf industry.
Lead the culinary team according to the standards and requirements of the Executive Chef and perform any active kitchen duty as required, including cleaning, line work, preparation, organization, paperwork. Actively and independently participate in the creation of specials and menus development. Maintain a safe, productive and healthy work environment by aiding in the hiring, discipline, development and training of kitchen employees. Insures that check lists and procedures (verbal or written) are known and followed by the team and participates in the creation and development of such lists and procedures.
Maintains the supply chain according to business levels and special events, responsible for minimizing waste, participate in product selections.
Supervise and maintain the overall cleanliness and organization of the department by proper delegation, training and daily inspections.
• Oversees and manages food preparation and ensures production of high-quality food.
• Adheres to established control procedures for cost and quality such as food production charts, par inventories, standardized recipes, use records and food costing sheets. Ensures that all recipes are followed and prepared on a consistent basis.
• Monitors and checks the maintenance of all kitchen equipment daily.
• Maintains and directs a quality sanitation program.
• Maintains and implements daily food prep lists.
• Assists Executive Chef with the ordering of all food products.
• Assigns duties to associates for efficient operation of the kitchen.
• Maintains and evaluates existing food concepts. Assists in the development of new food concepts
• Assists in the achievement of budgetary objectives for the Food and Beverage Department.
• Processes requisitions for supplies quickly and accurately.
• Trains and supervises associates in the proper preparation of menu items and operation of equipment. Assists in developing ongoing training programs.
• Ensures proper receiving, storage (including temperature setting) and rotations of food products so as to comply with health department regulations.
• Assists the Executive Chef in interviewing, hiring, training, planning, assigning, and directing work, evaluating performance, rewarding, and disciplining associates: addressing complaints and resolving problems.
• Assists in the management of department members that may include, but is not limited to: Cooks, Stewards
• Incorporates safe work practices in job performance.
• Certificate from college, technical school or accredited facility; and three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination and experience.
• Food Safety and Sanitation Training.
Job Knowledge, Skill, and Ability Preferences:
• Experience in Multi-faceted Food and Beverage operations.
• Possesses strong leadership, hospitality and human relations skills.
• Presents a professional appearance and demeanor in all exchanges.
• Must have excellent organizational and time management skills, along with the ability to coordinate details and prioritize the work on a daily and weekly basis.