Blue Rock Bar and Grill Sioux Falls, SD is excited to announce the exceptional career opportunity of Hospitality Service Manager. Qualified candidates will thrive in a hospitality environment and be highly focused on providing superior service.
Key Responsibilities of the Hospitality Service Manager:
• Ensures guests are attended to in a prompt, efficient and personalized manner.
• The Hospitality Manager acts as a liaison between wait staff and the kitchen staff to ensure timely and appropriate communications.
• Ensures that the restaurant and restaurant facilities are kept clean, well-stocked and organized.
• Checks the maintenance of all equipment in the restaurant/bar areas and notifies the Director of Food & Beverage of needed maintenance and repair.
• Assures all side work is completed, including all cleaning of equipment and storage areas.
• Assists in coordinating special functions
• Assists Director of Food & Beverage in performing and maintaining food and beverage inventory.
• Assists with conducting pre-shift meetings to review specials, menu changes and house counts.
• Assists in the completion of revenue reports, production reports and other reports as needed.
• Performs daily activities to include: serving tables, bussing tables, seating guests, room service and general clerical/cashier duties.
• Assists the department manager in interviewing, training, planning, assigning, and directing work.
• Addresses complaints and resolves problems.
• Assists in the coordination of department members that may include, but is not to: Hosts, Servers, Bartenders, Bar backs, Food Runners and Bussers.
• Assists in monitoring business volume forecast and plans accordingly in areas of manpower, productivity, costs and other expenses.
• Incorporates safe work practices in job performance.
• Performs other duties as required.
Minimum qualifications for the Hospitality Manager:
• Bachelor’s degree (BA) and or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience managing personnel.
• Driver’s License may be required. Alcohol Service Training, Food safety and applicable sanitation training.
• Knowledge of software applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel, and POS system
• Must be able to work days, nights, weekends and holidays.
• Ability to stand and walk for long periods of time including up and down stairs.
• Ability to work in extreme weather conditions.