Manchester Country Club in Bedford, New Hampshire is excited to announce the exceptional career opportunity of Events and Hospitality Manager. Qualified candidates will thrive in a hospitality environment and be highly focused on providing superior service to the clubs managed by Troon.
Provides above-and-beyond hospitality experience to members and guests alike, with professionalism and courtesy. Effectively monitors the daily operations of banquets/events, while leading event staff to ensure a successful and effective operation ending in a positive member/guest experience. Leads and makes recommendation to improve training, development and customer service standards.
• Responsible for the execution of booked events, including wedding, social, corporate, and member events. Manages all of client’s day-of requirements, acts as main point of contact for client throughout the duration of their event while overseeing event staff.
• Acts as a liaison between Client, Banquet Staff, & Kitchen to ensure timely and appropriate communication.
• Daily oversite, support and guidance provided to Banquet Staff while monitoring job performance, to ensure a successful meeting/banquet experience for our guests/clients alike.
• Works closely with Sales department to ensure specified arrangements are carried out as planned.
• Ensures efficient and appropriate set up of each event in accordance to Banquet Event Orders.
• Monitors overall convention/banquet areas for cleanliness and any maintenance issues. Works with maintenance and the Events & Event Sales Director on any areas in need of attention.
• Prepares/processes banquet payroll and gratuities on a weekly basis.
• Effectively communicates areas of improvement (i.e.; departmental training, development and/or customer service areas) to the Event Sales Director. Makes recommendations when evaluating performance, rewarding, and disciplining associates.
• Responsible for interviewing, hiring/terminating, training, planning, assigning, and directing work, evaluating performance, rewarding, and disciplining associates; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
• Assures that effective orientation and training are given to each new associate. Develops ongoing training programs.
• Responsible for assisting in maintaining inventory, storage areas, and equipment for the banquet department. Assures all banquet staff assigned prep work/side work is completed.
• Responsible for ensuring required signage is placed in common areas and documents are completed for each event; ie, Banquet Bar Inventories, Banquet Staff Assignments, Wrap Up Reports, etc.
• Conducts staff meetings with subordinates.
• Promptly addresses complaints and resolves problems.
• Incorporates safe work practices in job performance.
• Assists the Member Dining Operations team with managerial tasks when Banquet Event Schedule allows/demand in Dining Room requires.
• Regular and reliable attendance. Weekend/evening hours required due to nature of position.
• Assists with other projects and duties as required.
• Associate’s degree (AA) and three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
• Driver’s license may be required.
• Ability to read and speak English may be required in order to perform the duties of the job
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (such as Microsoft Word and Excel), POS system, and prospect/customer relationship management tools.
• Knowledge of Tripleseat.com/Jonas a plus.
• MUST HAVE PROBLEM-SOLVING SKILLS AND ATTENTION TO DETAIL.