Essential Functions of the Job
- Prepares and serves all menu items in accordance with Club recipes, and established portions and presentation standards.
- Identifies, selects and prepares menu items to include but not limited to cuts of meat, poultry, shellfish, fish, game, cereals, grains, beans, fruits and vegetables for cooking.
- Prepares thickening agents to include but not limited to stocks and roux’s. Prepares soups, sauces, salad dressings, cold sauces, dips and garnishes.
- Prepares foods by methods of frying, sautéing, broiling, roasting, braising, poaching, steaming, baking, stir-frying, simmering, boiling and other means under the direction of the Lead Cook Executive Sous Chef, Pastry Chef, EDR supervisor Tournament Chef and Executive Chef.
- Gathers all supplies needed to prepare breakfast, lunch, dinner, and member party menu items.
- Sets up, maintains and breaks down prep cook stations inclusive of cleaning stations and deep cleaning kitchen areas.
- Inspects assigned work areas and equipment to ensure cleanliness and sanitary conditions. Adheres to state and federal sanitation guidelines. Returns soiled food preparation utensils and other small wares to the proper area for cleaning.
- Covers, dates and properly stores all leftover products that are reusable according to approved storage methods.
- Work within a team and be courteous to each team member and work towards goals set by the ANGC.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Notifies all chefs of any expected shortages and/or malfunctioning equipment.
- Assists all chefs in maintaining the security and safety of the kitchen.
- Provides Club Members and guests with professional and courteous service.
- Performs all other duties deemed by management to be an integral part of the job.
Qualifications (required unless stated otherwise):
- Knowledge of food preparation and food service techniques.
- One year experience as a cook, preferably in a club or hotel environment.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Culinary Certification and/or relevant technical culinary training is preferred
- Possess a valid driver’s license and/or successfully completes the Club’s internal motor vehicle training program
The work environment characteristics described herein are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Work for this position is usually performed in a climate-controlled environment. However, the employee may be required to work outside in extreme heat, cold, rain, wind or inclement weather as the demands of the position so dictate.
Positions at Augusta National Golf Club require a COVID-19 vaccination. Applicants who are offered a position will be asked their vaccination status which will be considered in accordance with applicable law.
Projected Work Schedule:
Must be available for a varying work schedule to include days, evenings, weekends, holidays, and overtime as required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to talk and/or hear. The employee is occasionally required to drive a golf cart. The employee is frequently required to lift up to 40 pounds. While performing the duties of this job the employee is constantly required to use hands and fingers to handle or lift items. The employee is constantly required to stand and walk, climb or balance, and stoop, kneel, crouch, or reach with hands and arms. The employee is also constantly required to use their vision to perform an activity such as but not limited to determining the accuracy, neatness, and thoroughness of the work assigned.
Augusta National Golf Club offers*:
- Competitive overall compensation package
- Employee engagement activities and recognition events
- Years of Service awards
- Variety of benefits coverage options
- 401(k) retirement plans
- Pension Plan (paid by employer)
- Wellness Program
- Paid Holidays
*Based upon employee eligibility