This job is archived
We are currently recruiting for a Commis Chef to join our restaurant in Rossendale on a full time basis working 42.5 hours per week.
You will support the Head Chef in the planning, organising and day-to-day running of the kitchen, ensuring a consistent high standard of product and service.
Due to the nature of the role, we require flexibility. You will be required to work weekends, evenings, and public holidays.
What you will be doing as our Commis Chef:
- To assist and monitor food stocks and stock movement.
- To understand daily departmental costs and how they influence profit and loss results.
- To ensure minimum kitchen wastage.
- To learn and record skills and recipes from other members of the department.
- To follow the cleaning schedules for the kitchen and clean the section and other areas as directed.
- To ensure stock is controlled and rotated. Accept and store deliveries.
- To report any maintenance issues to the Lead Chef immediately.
- To comply with all American Golf policies and procedures to ensure that all-statutory regulations are observed.
- To comply with the conditions of the food hygiene policies.
- To be flexible and willing to help other departments at busy times if required.
About our Commis Chef:
- Minimum 2 years’ experience within similar role.
- Be an active hands-on person with a passion to work hard as part of a team.
- Have high standards and a great work ethic.
- You will show willingness to learn new skills, be an active team player with excellent communication skills.
- Demonstrate great planning and organisational skills to complete day to day tasks.
So, if you want a challenging and rewarding role at the cutting edge of sports retail then apply today or visit our careers site to view all available jobs at American Golf.
We value people as individuals with diverse opinions, cultures, lifestyles and circumstances. We are committed to encouraging equality, diversity and inclusion among our colleagues and preventing unlawful discrimination.
We aim for our workforce to be representative of our customers and wider society, and for each employee to feel respected and have opportunities to give their best. Job applicants will receive equal treatment regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
29 days annual leave (inclusive of bank holidays)
Holiday purchase scheme
Professional qualification & subscription support
Employee Assistance Programme
Company Pension Scheme
Reward & Recogntion scheme
Cycle to work scheme