BallenIsles Country Club in Palm Beach Gardens, FL is excited to announce the exceptional career opportunity of Pastry Chef. Qualified candidates will thrive in a hospitality environment and be highly focused on providing superior service.
Assists the in direct supervision of pastry staff, food production, scheduling, training, maintaining quality standards and food cost control so as to create quality food products.
• Oversees and manages food preparation for a specific area of the kitchen (i.e. pastry team). Supervises and ensures production of consistently high quality food.
• Adheres to established control procedures for cost and quality such as food production charts, par inventories, standardized recipes, use records, food costing sheets, etc. Ensures that all recipes are followed and prepared on a consistent basis.
• Monitors and checks the maintenance of all kitchen equipment daily.
• Maintains and directs a quality sanitation program.
• Maintains and implements daily food prep lists.
• Assists Executive Chef with the ordering of all food products.
• Assigns duties to associates for efficient operation of the kitchen.
• Maintains and evaluates existing food concepts. Assists in the development of new food concepts.
• Assists in the achievement of budgetary objectives for the Food and Beverage Department.
• Process requisitions for supplies quickly and accurately.
• Trains and supervises associates in the proper preparation of menu items and operation of equipment. Assists in developing ongoing training programs.
• Ensures proper receiving, storage (including temperature setting) and rotations of food products so as to comply with health department regulations.
• Assists the Manager in interviewing, hiring, training, planning, assigning, and directing work, evaluating performance, rewarding, and disciplining associates: addressing complaints and resolving problems.
• Assists in the management of department members that may include, but is not limited to: Pastry Sous Chef, Pastry Cook, cooks.
• Regular and reliable attendance.
• Incorporates safe work practices in job performance.
• Certificate from college, technical school or accredited facility; or three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination and experience.
• Food Safety and Sanitation Training
Job Knowledge, Skill, and Ability Preferences:
• Ability to read and speak English may be required in order to perform the duties of the job
• Knowledge of accepted sanitation standards and applicable health codes.